WTF Is This? (Spider Content)

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
So i was working on my fox today, and i pulled off the rear wheel to see this thing. Didn't think much of it and just kept working.

20 minutes later i'm taking off the driveshaft, get up from under the car and this thing is literally 6 inches from my face.. HOLY ****ING SHIT I ALMOST SHITTED MYSELF!

I was gonna do the hairspray/lighter deal, but couldn't find a lighter so i just used 1/2 can of brake cleaner to destroy it. Is it a black widow or what? Needless to say, i'm afraid to continue working on the car. That's 3 wasps nests and a big ****ing spider in 2 days. I'm expecting a man-eating lizard or a bear next. :burn:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
looks like a widow to me. Don't worry, i found over 20 wasp nests when i first started working on my car, To this day i still find them fairly often.

HoustonGT

Established Member
Whatever it is, its nasty as all hell. I'd need a few beers in me after that before i could get back to working on the car lol

stangaholic280

Established Member
brown recluse?

100% positive.

There is only 1 solution...

Kill_it_With_Fire_Aliens_KILL_IT_KILL_IT_WITH_FIRE-s576x304-132453-580.jpg

PBLA

Oxford White Cobra
Established Member
black widow, for sure. For whatever reason, we had dozens when we first moved into our house. Some say they came in with the lumber. Luckily, they were mostly outside and we survived w/o a bite. Recently, my neighbor was bit by a brown recluse in her bed. Now I'm nervous about everything I grab in my shop. I'm aware of the fiddle marking, but I still don't think I can easily identify these bastards.

gabe1530

Banned
thats a black widow. iv had that happen to me mutliple times when i was working on my 66 outside.
brown recluses are much bigger, faster and smarter... well at least the ones in afghanistan are. lol!!!

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
we were on san clemente island recently doing Naval training, someone spotted black widows in the porta pottys, you better believe that was the fastest series of shits iive ever taken. took my flash light n did inspections before, nevermind the floating turds i'm looking for creepy crawlies!

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Black Recluse is an evil bastard...she is just playing tricks on you.

She's alive and just faking death so that she may raise her thousands of children once they are hatch and ruin your life.

Time to soak the car in gasoline.

Last edited:

laruei

Established Member
Seriously though it could be a brown widow.. those do exsist but i hear they arent as "deadly" as the black widow so thats some good news :)

still gotta use fire to really get em though :)

Users who are viewing this thread