Y-pipe is on!!!

Toadster

Established Member
yahoo!!!

got it installed today for (gulp) $90 - kinda pricey but it's on for good.... after it warmed up, i can definitely feel the difference, just did a computer reset and hopfully will go out tonight for a "spirited" drive... :D

I did leave everything "stock" from the cat-back and it sounds REALLY good, but I know I need to uncork that resonator :)

happy hunting!!!

Toadster

Established Member
well the computer definitely knows it's there today - wow! I'm dissapointed that I didn't listen to you guys earlier, this in combo with the KKM are awesome power adders for < $350 in parts!!!!

i highly recommend the y-pipe!!!

SilverSVT

Established Member
Congrats on the new pipe! I may have to break down and get me one of these someday. Did you get the legal or off-road version? Would be a tough decision for me.

On a lighter note, not nearly as cool, something that doesn't add a single drop of power, but I just finished installing my lighted power moonroof switch. I needed to share this tidbit with someone, and since my first home is temporarily unavailable, my second home on the internet will have to become my first, so I will post it here for all to congratulate me. You may begin. J/K :D

Installation was easy, just putting everything back together that sucks. Found out that mr. D79 connector is a tad on the short side and had to have a weave put on ;), a slight extension to reach the drivers side to connect to the double pronged hookup for the dome lights. Kind of a biatch to slide that cover back into place too. I am definately thinking twice about Hightower's one-touch open harness now. Do I really want to take that thing down again?

Toadster

Established Member
cool mod! I'd love to do that stuff but me and electric circuits just don't mix :)

i got the "legal" Y-pipe with the high-flow cat (I live in CA so gotta be emissions compliant) - the sound is awesome, my wife is a bit "hedgy" on the sound - it has a little more drone than stock, but I wonder what replacing the resonator will do next!?! :D

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Yeah i was working on the one touch thing. took it apart and realized i didn't have the dam relay. DUH. Whats with the lighted window thingamabob??

SilverSVT

Established Member
I'm sure you have noticed that the moonroof switch isn't lighted, all you have to do is order a new rear power window switch from Bill Jenkins and a wire to connect power to the light in the new switch and it will light up.

Anothre one of the famous CEG mods, it is in the how-to section,
Lighted Moonroof Switch How-to

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I'm not sure about specific mufflers, but I love my Bassani!!!!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Bassani!! Bassani!!! Its a nice deep growl. I think people have posted the sound clips on CEG.

rilestoneSVT

Established Member
In following Silver's non-performance mod, I too just completed one. I had the rear bumper repainted, including the black plastic part around the pipes. Looks AWSOME, I'll try to post some pics later. It makes the rear end look lower to the ground that before.

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
Alot of people swap out their res with magnaflows and like the results. What ever they use, it should be a high flow straight through design which flowmaster isn't.

Green SVT

Established Member
Holy old thread!!

The Borla is pretty mellow and sounds awesome.

The Bassani was too loud and UPS Truck sounding for my taste.

Brullen sounds amazing. Too many horror stories of fitment issues though.

-R-

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Bassani is too loud for some, but put in the resonators and it quiets its down :)

Users who are viewing this thread