You Guys Have Great Cars

bullet 1

Established Member
:beer: I got a ride in one today. A 1998. It was very cool. I liked it. But I felt that it was just as fast maybe even a slight bit slower than my SVTF. But there was something about your guys car that just grabs me. I like the way I fit in the car. And the rear end of the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could look at it for allday long. It just rocks . Nice rides guys.:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :coolman: :coolman: :coolman: :coolman: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

beyondloadedSE

Established Member
Great cars indeed! ;-) The svt focus and svt contour are very close to performance aspects. The contour is a bit quicker with the extra 25-30 hp depending on which year even though it weighs a bit more. 0-60 for the 2000 svt was listed at 6.9 sec and 1/4 of 15.4 sec. Lots of potential for each car as well! :coolman:

CSJohnston

Established Member
Hey Thanks,

I've had mine for 5 years and have loved it. I test-drove a couple of SVT Focii (3-Door and 5-Door) but still felt the CSVT was a better vehicle.

Why? Maybe the V6 or that it feels a lot more stable at high speeds (even versus a Cobra) but it just feels more substantial.

Anyway, 0-60 times are roughly equal (around the 7.0 second mark) but the CSVT will always pull ahead as the speeds get higher.

CJ

PS- Got a nice one for sale...

bullet 1

Established Member
Thanks guys. I just guess this one was used!!!!!!!! He said that the clutch was going out. And it needed a new shifter. But I still feel that the SVTF is a better car over all but, if they were both out right now I would have a dang hard time chossing over what car to get!!!!!

Green SVT

Established Member
There was a rumor(don't know how true)that had the contour stayed in production, it might have gotten an engine upgrade. 3.0L maybe? If so, I definitely would have held out for an 01.

The lack of torque in these cars drive me nuts.

-R-

beyondloadedSE

Established Member
Originally posted by Green SVT
There was a rumor(don't know how true)that had the contour stayed in production, it might have gotten an engine upgrade. 3.0L maybe? If so, I definitely would have held out for an 01.

The lack of torque in these cars drive me nuts.

-R-

it probably would have seeing that the mondeo has been using the 3.0L for a couple years now.

chknhwk

I LOVE my Contour and I prefer it over the Focus simply due to room.
However, I don't think my 'tour will ever handle as well as the Focii are capable of - holy wow!

Users who are viewing this thread