You traded your car for WHAT??!!

chimazo

Established Member
That's what I hear so far from whomever I've told since last night when I picked up my new-to-me '07 GT500 with 1500 miles, red with silver stripes. It didn't even get sold originally until about 6 months ago, which was weird. The only mod is the FRPP Power Pack (or whatever they are calling the CAI/mufflers/tune pkg) which happened to be installed by the dealer. The only seat time I have in it is the 2hr ride home from the dealer, but I have to say it is nice to drive a real car again. The navigation system and accompanying stereo touch-screen set up is very cool! It also came with the car cover and premium interior.

I traded in my 12k mile '98 Viper because I was so tired of trying to sell it and dealing with jerkoff's who couldn't follow through. Loved the looks of the car, but hated driving it - claustrophobic interior, very tight fit for me, too loud to carry on a conversation, shitty stereo, hard to get in and out of (I know, I must be getting old:uh oh:), horrible ride, felt like I was driving a kit car, and a zillion gawkers. Other than that, it was an awesome car!:p

I traded in this (minus the $$ rims):
IMG_0416.jpg

For this:
IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

Last edited:

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
I say buy a car that makes YOU happy. There will always be criticizers.
How do you think us zinc yellow owners feel? "You bought a yellow mustang instead of a red one?!?!?"
It is all about what you love.

DrGT500

Chronic Bad Attitude
Established Member
You'll love the GT500. I had a Gen 1 RT/10 some years back and my sentiments towards is echo yours almost exactly.

fviper.jpg

Driving a Kit Car summed it up perfectly. Too tight. Too hot. Too rough. Bitch, bitch, bitch I sound like an old lady. lol :shrug:

Anyway, I've gone through a lot of cars since then, but the GT500 is definitely one of my favorites to date. You're gonna love it.

Enjoy :beer:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
hey i think its a great trade, since it looks like its your 1st ford high performance car. good choice, take care of it, these cars can be made to put down some great HP with little mods.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
as i've said before, the s197 platform is absolutely light years ahead of any previous platform the mustang has been built on. the car is bigger, quieter, tighter than any previous mustang. plus it's a car that you can comfortably drive every day if you choose to.
great choice, beautiful car and you'll make a lot of osu fans happy with those colors

cobrajma

heh,heh, he said "member"
Established Member
You'll love the GT500. I had a Gen 1 RT/10 some years back and my sentiments towards is echo yours almost exactly.

fviper.jpg

Driving a Kit Car summed it up perfectly. Too tight. Too hot. Too rough. Bitch, bitch, bitch I sound like an old lady. lol :shrug:

Anyway, I've gone through a lot of cars since then, but the GT500 is definitely one of my favorites to date. You're gonna love it.

Enjoy :beer:

did you used drive around saratoga towards w.o.w. on sunday mornings with a blue w/ white striped gts a looong time ago??

ff500

Established Member
We're twins, I've got the same car. I think you emailed me awhile ago about a possible trade. Congrats and Good Luck with your new car.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
That's what I hear so far from whomever I've told since last night when I picked up my new-to-me '07 GT500 with 1500 miles, red with silver stripes. It didn't even get sold originally until about 6 months ago, which was weird. The only mod is the FRPP Power Pack (or whatever they are calling the CAI/mufflers/tune pkg) which happened to be installed by the dealer. The only seat time I have in it is the 2hr ride home from the dealer, but I have to say it is nice to drive a real car again. The navigation system and accompanying stereo touch-screen set up is very cool! It also came with the car cover and premium interior.

I traded in my 12k mile '98 Viper because I was so tired of trying to sell it and dealing with jerkoff's who couldn't follow through. Loved the looks of the car, but hated driving it - claustrophobic interior, very tight fit for me, too loud to carry on a conversation, shitty stereo, hard to get in and out of (I know, I must be getting old:uh oh:), horrible ride, felt like I was driving a kit car, and a zillion gawkers. Other than that, it was an awesome car!:p

I traded in this (minus the $$ rims):
IMG_0416.jpg

For this:
IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

I got rid of my 06 twin turbo Infiniti G35 Coupe. Complete build, however, I loved the look of the newer stangs when they came out just didn't agree with the price tag. Then when the #'s went down, I jumped on 1.

003_3.jpg

008_8.jpg

I definitely miss my stroker motor and that 2 stage NOS set-up.
File0004.jpg

File0008.jpg

App0001.jpg

File0002.jpg

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
I got rid of my 06 twin turbo Infiniti G35 Coupe. Complete build, however, I loved the look of the newer stangs when they came out just didn't agree with the price tag. Then when the #'s went down, I jumped on 1

Where is that F-14 located?

Users who are viewing this thread