Your fastest 1-mile run

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
The state listed about 3" left of my post.

Here are the records and the results of the recent state track meet. My school was in Class 1A, and in the class half the finishers were under 5 minutes. In 6A they were all under 5 minutes.

State Records

Class 1A Results

Class 6A Results

Some of you guys are making a 5 minute mile out to be world class runner territory and it isn't even close.

I was just tryin to make a joke buddy. Apparently no one has any humor anymore. :shrug:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Anyone have tips for better cardio? When I run I avg a 12 minute 1.5 mile run but when I'm done my legs are fine, my chest is sucking though.

My cardio is below what my legs can do.
Any tips?
Sprints?

Increase your distance. If you are trying to lower your 1.5 mile time then run 3 miles. I have both a timed 2 mile and 5 mile I have to do so I practice a timed 8 mile to work on my 5 mile. Increasing the distance increase the total time your heart and lungs are under stress. Interval training is very usefull as well. Walk a 1/2 mile, run a 1/2 mile at a fast pace 3:00-3:15, walk a 1/2 mile, run etc. If a 1.5 mile is your target repeat the interval untill you RUN a total 2 miles. The total distance you cover will be about 4 miles between walking and running.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Thanks man. I remember in HS my legs would burn out but now I'm opposite.
Thanks again for the suggestions. :beer:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
6:50 is my best time for the mile. I didn't try as hard as I could have, so I'm sure it could have been (at most) about 30 seconds faster. Now I can probably only run a mile in 7.5-8 minutes.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Thanks man. I remember in HS my legs would burn out but now I'm opposite.
Thanks again for the suggestions. :beer:

No problem. For the interval training, when you are able to run all 1/2 mile runs in 3 minutes flat or less then change the first timed run to a 1 mile run in 6:00-6:15, then proceed like normal. This helps you build toward an eventual 9 min flat 1.5 mile.

cobraturbo

Established Member
Back in junior high school I ran 4.47 and hold the record for the mile. I was around 5'9 about 100 pounds. I'm about 170 now so maybe 10 min.

5150Z28

Established Member
Never was timed for running a mile but I could run 1.5 miles in around 7 min. When stationed in Okinawa I used to run 10K in about 36 min. I'd drop dead if I tried to run at that pace now.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
At my best I was probably a 5:35. Right now my best would probably be 6:25 or so.

I'm 25 pounds heavier now - 190 vs 165 but could get back there if I had the proper motivation.

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
I averaged 8.50/mile for 13.1 miles :banana:

I'm training for a triathlon now and plan to do my first full marathon on thanksgiving

g00se

I am Second
Established Member
Damn there are some fast dudes in here. Low 6's was the best I could manage training for season. Out of season, forget it. 6'2 190. I don't know how the in HELL some of you guys run faster than that for multiple miles lol.

Satyr

Established Member
I used to run frequently back in high school...never actually recorded myself but I was doing 1.2 miles in about 9 minutes (judging by the music that played). Kinda sucks, considering I used to run about every day haha

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
My best 1 mile is a 6:10 running for weight class(I hate to run!). I am 5'11" and weighted 160lbs, now I'm pushing 190:(

My girlfriend is 5'1" and her best 1 mile is 5:17 and her 2 mile was 12:07.

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
I'm a puss. I've been in training for my police physical exam, I'm 6'2" and 230. My best 1.5 was only 12:30 :sad:

Users who are viewing this thread