VMP's Rouscharged 2011 5.0L in the 10s!

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
As most of you know we went deep into the 11s last week with our Rouscharged 2011 5.0L Mustang:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AMWMfszW9g"]YouTube - First Roush-Charged 5.0 Mustang at the Drag Strip[/nomedia]

Tonight we took the car to a regular Test & Tune night at Orlando Speedworld. I put some air bags in the rear springs earlier in the day, to complement our J&M LCAs. Previously the car was launching so hard that it was tucking the right rear wheel. I was afraid of the suspension bottoming out on the bump stop. With the bags at 3psi R/7psi L we seemed to do pretty well with no hop, MT DRs at 18psi.

On the 3rd run of the night Rebecca pulled off a 10.98 @ 127 with a 1.67 60'. Previously the car had always gone 1.77s with the blower. Its amazing how this car pulls out of the hole with the stock converter (now flashes much higher with a roots blower) and stock 3.15 gears. We have a combo that works and I don't want to change it much. The DA was about 1750 tonight. The car was still on pump gas with just a little trans fine tuning to get the 1-2 wot shift rpm more consistent.

after10secpass1.jpg

after10secpass2.jpg

after10secpass3.jpg

9-17-10slip.jpg

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
wow that is nuts, congrats! Is that at only 5psi on the blower still?

Gorgeous driver by the way :D

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Very nice following your setup and it's doing really well. I had concerns it would turn into a tire burner w a extra 150# in the front but guess not. What airbags you using? My 2011 5.0 auto suppose to be here oct.9th. I forgot to ask what wheels and tire size? I myself was thinking 17" chrome bullets w 275/40/17 mt's already got those or maybe some lil bit taller drag radials. What rpm's through the traps? I figure 3 gears and like 6800 rpms. 4:10's 4 gears and 6700 rpm based upon 27" dia tires.

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
That is incredible!!

What was that crack you made about the Mongoose being a Cobra Killer????

Congratulations Rebecca!!!!

venumus93

Established Member
Awesome runs!

I was there last night and let me tell you this car MOVES!!! Justin has it setup great and Rebecca drove flawlessly. There were tons of incredible cars out there last night, including a GTR, 2011 Shelby GT500, and an 07-08 Z06.

VMP's car outshined them all.

Enough said.

Later,
Sean

p.s. I can't wait to get my "tick" fixed so Justin can hook up my '11 with some goodies :burnout:

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Very nice following your setup and it's doing really well. I had concerns it would turn into a tire burner w a extra 150# in the front but guess not. What airbags you using? My 2011 5.0 auto suppose to be here oct.9th. I forgot to ask what wheels and tire size? I myself was thinking 17" chrome bullets w 275/40/17 mt's already got those or maybe some lil bit taller drag radials. What rpm's through the traps? I figure 3 gears and like 6800 rpms. 4:10's 4 gears and 6700 rpm based upon 27" dia tires.

I think 150# for the blower setup is a little high, closer to low 100s, but still up there.

We've got the air lift 60741's meant for the small 05+ spring. They are the base 18s, we will do drag wheels at some point but it was easy to get the car up and running with DRs on the stock wheels (we did that 4 days after we bought it).

We have a 26.5" tire and it runs a little under 6000rpm through the traps in 4th which is only 1.14:1. This motor goes to 7000 easy.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I think 150# for the blower setup is a little high, closer to low 100s, but still up there.

We've got the air lift 60741's meant for the small 05+ spring. They are the base 18s, we will do drag wheels at some point but it was easy to get the car up and running with DRs on the stock wheels (we did that 4 days after we bought it).

We have a 26.5" tire and it runs a little under 6000rpm through the traps in 4th which is only 1.14:1. This motor goes to 7000 easy.

i'm running an e.t. street on my setup, but thinkin about going to a large dr with a stiff sidewall, i think it may actually help the car

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
i'm running an e.t. street on my setup, but thinkin about going to a large dr with a stiff sidewall, i think it may actually help the car

Well it isn't a 03 cobra..lol.. dyno queens. Nice job both of you. Wait till a small stall is in your cars w lockup. Those cars then will be rocking. F bodies be scared..lol

Oh yea Justin that's very good for those rpms through traps. I'm just glad all 3 methods now have been proven. A p/d s/c, a cent s/c, and the n2o. Doesn't get much better than that.

Last edited:

Coonsnake

Established Member
is that thru stock exhaust? Im working on trading my car in on 2011 5.0 auto this week, hopefully have it by the Bowling Green race. Congrats on the awesome time!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Well it isn't a 03 cobra..lol.. dyno queens. Nice job both of you. Wait till a small stall is in your cars w lockup. Those cars then will be rocking. F bodies be scared..lol

Oh yea Justin that's very good for those rpms through traps. I'm just glad all 3 methods now have been proven. A p/d s/c, a cent s/c, and the n2o. Doesn't get much better than that.

The circle D converter is working well on the n/a cars. 1.55 60's on the n/a cars.

With the extra power of the s/c. I gotta think 1.4's should be possible. You start knocking 2 to 3 tenths off the 60' your picking up another .3 to .4 in the quarter.

Cars should be knocking off low 10's, especially in good air.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
The circle D converter is working well on the n/a cars. 1.55 60's on the n/a cars.

With the extra power of the s/c. I gotta think 1.4's should be possible. You start knocking 2 to 3 tenths off the 60' your picking up another .3 to .4 in the quarter.

Cars should be knocking off low 10's, especially in good air.

Thank's Terry, I got mine coming soon.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
great fantastic times for a lady but its an auto right ? Stab and steer ? didnt catch the part where thats hard to do ???

Users who are viewing this thread