Whats the most we can get out of an eaton?

da2k17

Established Member
So my build is finished for now and im hitting the dyno on tuesday, i was supposed to get a KB but ran into a lot of issues and couldnt pull it off financially so i have a posi ported eaton.

current setup is 2.81 upper 4lb lower, posi port, jlt ram air, comp cams (Comp Cams Max Strip/Street-Nitrous-Supercharged 03-04 Cobra [CCA-106460] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs) springs etc.., long tubes no cats, bored 20 over, JE n20 s/c pistons, lethals triple return, bosch 105lb injectors, 150 shot on 93 and 50 shot on e85.

so what do you guys think will happen?

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
So my build is finished for now and im hitting the dyno on tuesday, i was supposed to get a KB but ran into a lot of issues and couldnt pull it off financially so i have a posi ported eaton.

current setup is 2.81 upper 4lb lower, posi port, jlt ram air, comp cams (Comp Cams Max Strip/Street-Nitrous-Supercharged 03-04 Cobra [CCA-106460] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs) springs etc.., long tubes no cats, bored 20 over, JE n20 s/c pistons, lethals triple return, bosch 105lb injectors, 150 shot on 93 and 50 shot on e85.

so what do you guys think will happen?

No idea, but you may find this thread interesting.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...713-600-rwhp-possible-w-ported-eaton-e85.html

Satyr

Established Member
With a 50 shot and E85 you should net at least 650 hp/700 tq. That's an estimation based off some of the crazy tq numbers nitrous owners are getting.

With the 150...wow.

da2k17

Established Member
last year the car made 560hp 698tq on the 100 wet shot without the posi port, it was a home port which was done very very badly by the previous owner. the car was also down on compression, highest cylinder was 140 lowest was under 100 ( it was like that before the nitrous, valves were leaking bad) and it was burning out on the dyno.

da2k17

Established Member
my biggest concern is the eaton flowing enough air to support the big numbers.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I agree, it's a tiny blower that will have to be spun very hard.

...which is counter-productive and will actually hurt more than it will help. IAT2's will be through the roof. Maybe a 5 gallon ice box in the trunk will help on the track and on the dyno. I'm not a fan of the killer chiller so I won't mention that (even though I just did. :rolling: )

da2k17

Established Member
i may just keep the 100 shot for now on 93. as for the temps, with the e85 i hope to be able to take advantage of the cooler temps and get away with making more power. it would be nice to make some wicked numbers but if its a dyno queen and cant preform on the street than whats the point. if i get 650 on both or either tunes id be happy with the car for now. next year will bring a bigger blower but i want to see what i can get out of the eaton. i cant think of any other mods the throw at it. i forgot to mention i have a fluidyne radiator as well.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
What tb/plenum combo because without looking it up I can't remember? That could be holding you back 20hp easily with the combo you're running. As far as the blower heat soaking more than usual your pulley combo isn't that aggressive at all yet so there shouldn't be a worry there.

TRBO VNM

OP, good luck. Should make really good numbers. Making the power people have mentioned should not be a problem. I know someone who made more with a 150 shot and stock motor with eaton.

Remember, there is more to making power than just the eaton.

mustang john

Established Member
Nobody here has a problem with the "150 shot on 93" on top of a 2.81/#4 ported Eaton? Sounds like a blown up motor recipe to me.

Last edited:

da2k17

Established Member
What tb/plenum combo because without looking it up I can't remember? That could be holding you back 20hp easily with the combo you're running. As far as the blower heat soaking more than usual your pulley combo isn't that aggressive at all yet so there shouldn't be a worry there.

i wanna say accufab plenum and single blade TB, not sure on the brands. its the same pulley combo i ran last year on the 100 shot and we didnt have any issues. the one thing that does concern me is the car overall runs hotter now with the cams than it did before but on the e85 that should be controlled.

i guess the only thing to do is wait and see what happens...

da2k17

Established Member
Got tuned this morning. we did a 93 tune, 93 + 100 wet shot and an e-85 tune.

ehh i was disappointed with the numbers on my 93 tune. 516hp 524tq

93+100n20 613hp 699tq

e-85 544hp 543tq

all runs were done on the same dyno this morning. the weather definitely hurt me, it was pouring out during the tune. for the e-85 guys on an eaton making 16-17psi it gained 28 hp and 19tq.

my build was JE nitrous pistons, comp nitrous cams, posi ported blower, 2.81, 4lb, triple return system, 105lbers, JLT ram air, fluidyne radiator, head cooling mod, long tubes, catless exhaust, single blade TB, accufab plenum, egr delete. i wanted to see 550hp on he 93 tune especially with the port and cams, if that was higher the n20 would have been as well.

i wanted to spray on e85 but my tuner had a very difficult time adjusting fuel for the e85. the adjustments he was making in the tune wouldnt bring the AF down any and we were forced to raise the fuel pressure to adjust the AF. he didnt like doing that as he has never had to on e95 before so he doesnt know why it was unresponsive to the adjustments but we got it to a steady 12.4 AF on e85. my 93 and n2o tunes were right around 11.5- 11.7. i dont remember timing on the 93 and n20 but on e85 we did 21* and it made the numbers above, we then went to 23* and made only 2hp and 1tq more so we bumped it back down to 21*.

i dont have a picture account thing so i dont know how to post the dyno graph. i am happy to say though the eaton is able to support over 600hp, i dont remember what the iats were exactly but he said they were well within a normal range, same for engine temps.

any questions feel free.

Users who are viewing this thread