What is this tick?! (video)

346CamaroSS

Established Member
If you listen very closely at 43 seconds and 1:20 you hear this very subtle "tick". I just discovered this after doing my pulley & Dragon tb swap. Sounds like its coming from right under the blower. Any ideas?! Any idea where I can grab a stethoscope? I'm going to try changing my blower oil and see if that helps. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

[youtube_browser]wo3E5gCB_M0[/youtube_browser]

Blueline

Established Member
The only thing I hear bud is injector noise, which is normal. Maybe you didnt notice it before, but after the swap you may have been looking for something amis. Unless the video is not picking it up, I only hear the injectors.. sorry

Last edited:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Do you guys hear the tick i'm talking about? I don't believe its the injectors. It happens twice in the video. I can try and get another video as its hard to pick up with my camera.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
[youtube_browser]10KYSH7KN8I[/youtube_browser]

listen at 16 seconds and right at 2:03

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
Ok I def. hear now in this video. Does it always do it for a split sec. or will it doing it longer? Do you notice it starts once warm, cold or during other conditions? Maybe try taking the front belt off and run the car for a few min. and see if it still does it.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
it always does it for that quick seconds then it does it again a minute or so after.. I'll try taking the belt off. It starts once the car starts warming up and is at operating temp.. Doesnt happen right when I start the car

Last edited:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
No ones heard a tick like this before?
Going to try running the car with the belt off and see if it persists.

Jefe

Established Member
weird. Just 1 intermittent tick...Harbor Freight carriers automotive stethoscopes

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Can anyone please tell me if this "tick" sounds different than the infamous head tick? I feel pretty stupid now.. you guys can ban me.

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
Ha, relax bud, that is def. not the head tick. If it was the head tick it would be consistent with rpm, not intermittent like yours for a split sec. Are you sure its coming from the valetrain area? Maybe another pulley from the inside belt?

346CamaroSS

Established Member
I'm pretty damn positive its not from the inner pulley, just due to the fact that this tick develops once the car is getting warm and near operating temp. It really sounds like its coming from the driver head.

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Listen in the driver side wheel opening, if it's louder there than up top side you might have a very minor beginning of the tick.

Are you running a 5W-20 weight oil?

Correct sir, I am running 5W-20. I did not hear anything when i stuck my head right behind the driver side front wheel. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread