Squeaky squeak?

dvtr-

Established Member
So i posted up a thread last week regarding a sound ive never heard my terminator do before and thanks to you guys it was belt slip. I put a shorter belt on and fixed that issue. Only a few hours later i started hearing a squeaking sound. Its been a few days now and it hasnt gone away. The sound is rpm dependent it will do it in neutral or in gear, youll hear me rev it a bit. I have my suspicions as to what it is but dont want to draw any conclusions yet. I hope you guys can help me out here again! :)

LINK: 03 cobra squeak - YouTube

dvtr-

Established Member
I'd try a new belt as it sounded similar to what I just went through.

Thats weird you say that. Check this out...

zwetg7.jpg

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Uht oh, I just went through some belt issues like this pic. My pulleys weren't lined up 100%. I was missing a spacer in my lower pulley. Use a yard stick and just double check that all your pillows are lining up straight.

Gates or Gatorback are the way to go. Btw, surprised you have an aux idler but still running a few stock idlers.

dvtr-

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Ill get in touch with the shop that did the work on the car sometime this week. This is just bullshit...

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
I have the same problem with mine.I have the matco (single bearing) idler's and i have changed out the bearing over and over they are shitty i put my stock idler's back and the Squeaking went away.I fixing to by the LFP Lightweight Aluminum DOUBLE BEARING Idler Pulley hopefully that will work.

I have the same problem with mine.I have the matco (single bearing) idler's and i have changed out the bearing over and over they are shitty i put my stock idler's back and the Squeaking went away.I fixing to by the LFP Lightweight Aluminum DOUBLE BEARING Idler Pulley hopefully that will work.

Metco also makes double bearing idlers. I've had their double bearing ones for over 50k and they are stout.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Metco idlers all around would be my recommendation. Get rid of the stock stamped steel idlers. They're prone to failing.

Jimmy, great sleuthing! I was betting on a recent lower install, too. Not the first time (nor will it be the last) time we've heard about this issue.

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
What do you guys prefer to use as "spacers" for the idlers?

Ours has a very minor churping for the first 2-3 minutes when cold. It always goes away with a new belt but usually comes back after a little while. The pullies on ours are pretty damn straight but not perfect perfect...

It has the 4 BF idlers and metco 3.2" alt pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread