[HD] Cobra getting around traffic on the Road Course

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
A few videos from this past weekend, Parts 1 and 2 from one Session. I'm far from pro, but it is fun getting around so many cars in one Session. :rockon:

Pop it out and watch in HD if your PC will handle it.

Part 1:
[youtube_browser]vTqWgP14RKg[/youtube_browser]

Part 2:
[youtube_browser]ohV4uoV0tBU[/youtube_browser]

Videos need more Eaton whine. Next time out I hope to have some new gear to use for my next videos. :burnout:

FrankeSVT

Enthusiast
Established Member
I love watching these videos. Watching a cobra go around a track is really fun to watch and passing others in the straights. Not that I am a pro, but you look like you have gotten the lines of the track down a lot more now. Keep them coming!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Nice vids, can you provide some info. on your camcorder gear?

It's just a GoPro HD mounted on the top center of the windshield. Unfortunately the audio it got that day was pretty bad.

Next event I will be going out with a few more cameras. :burnout:

Bisquick

FYMFF!
Established Member
Very cool. I have the same camera. Mount that thing in the cabin, you'll be able to record the whine.... :)

95PGTTech

Established Member
That open track really lends itself to the Cobra's strengths. Nice hood vents. Could have done without the music, especially the first song.

And what idiot had a 4off in a WARM UP LAP?

MGC

Established Member
That open track really lends itself to the Cobra's strengths. Nice hood vents. Could have done without the music, especially the first song.

And what idiot had a 4off in a WARM UP LAP?

:lol: It happens more often than you'd think, unfortunately.

When I was at Road America this past summer there was a guy passing instructors (in the novice run group) on the lead-follow warm up laps! He got a little talking to afterwards to say the least.

I think beginners get too excited at first and don't give their tires enough time to warm up before really going after it.

bam

Established Member
SENTRAAA!

Always great to see someone driving a Mustang fast in something other than a straight line. Need car sounds next time though!
:beer:

95PGTTech

Established Member
:lol: It happens more often than you'd think, unfortunately.

When I was at Road America this past summer there was a guy passing instructors (in the novice run group) on the lead-follow warm up laps! He got a little talking to afterwards to say the least.

I think beginners get too excited at first and don't give their tires enough time to warm up before really going after it.

Around here, a guy would get a talking to and a sit out a session for even putting two on a rumble strip in a warm up lap in a novice group. They are told ahead of time novices have instructors always no exceptions, no passing unless instructor to instructor wave by, keep the car off the rumble strips at all times, etc. and if you can't follow the rules you will be yanked, no warnings.

This looks to be a bit of an intermediate group, but damn. You should know all that much better.

G-STANG

Established Member
Great vids :beer: I can't wait to get out on the track this year. Just have to wait for the snow to melt and the temp to rise

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
03 DSG Snake,

Nice man. I would drool over a clean/mint 03 COBRA in my garage. I just wish you could have placed the mic inside the car so we could here the S/C whine... :-D

mysterio

Established Member
Nice job finding the line and establishing dominance.

At open track events, there will *always* be an idiot that everyone else talks about. I've seen people that you would think should know better, go off track, sometimes with mixed results.

In the first vid, when you see the guy on an "off track excursion," it is said that 'it's better to mow the grass, than to paint the wall.' :rolling:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Really great videos and it looked to be a ton of fun. Thanks for sharing your fun with us. :)

Oh, and who is singing the song in the first video? I like it.
EDIT: The first song.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread