Ever since i got my cobra my lil v6 has been neglected. What should i do with her?

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
So i got my cobra in early 2008, and was daily driving it for a long time. Recently i got an 07 Sonata and have been dailying that and keeping my cobra for weekends. This whole time though my little v6 that i had for 3 years in highschool, since 06, was driven off and on by my father (who also has a redfire 04 vert cobra). However he also has a tiburon that he daily drives, so my v6 has been sitting and neglected. It has its share of issues, mostly cosmetic. The bumpers are chipped in places and the paint is spider webbing out. It has a funk smell, which is easily fixed. Some minor parts like pads and rotors, tires, and the radiator fluid container need replacing. And the freaking thing looks like a 4x4 truck. What should i do with her? Should i clean her up, fix the minors, and sell her as is? Its hard to sell a mustang that looks faster then it is. Should i use it as a "project" car and try to throw an M112 on there? I dont have alot of room to do car work, as you can probably tell, and its about to be winter. What would you do?

img0943gc.jpg

img0937k.jpg

img0938zv.jpg

img0939gb.jpg

img0940pv.jpg

img0941b.jpg

img0944zr.jpg

img0945w.jpg

img0946ne.jpg

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
IMO, sell it as is. Some high school kid will get a kick out of just owning a mustang. Lots of them around here with kids driving them in worse shape.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Ya thats what i was thinking. Keep it over the winter, fix the minors, maybe get new wheels and tires since you can find OEMs for cheap as hell with tire. Then sell it early spring when its buying time. Do you guys think its worth getting/installing new springs for an easier sale?

It only has 34,000 miles on it with a decent bit of tasteful mods. What would you all ask for it? Other then the paint in the bumpers it always cleaned up super nice. If i come across a donor vehicle im gunna try to pick up new bumper covers

Hahahaha i actually have the bucket filling to wash it now. Literally just installed a new bat and moved her for the first time in months.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
unload that thing as fast as you can...........you'd literally be flushing money down a toliet trying to repair it

that car is in rough shape.........just get rid of it as fast as you can.

p.s. sweet sticker on the back

CBrowning84

Established Member
Ya thats what i was thinking. Keep it over the winter, fix the minors, maybe get new wheels and tires since you can find OEMs for cheap as hell with tire.

If it were me I would throw some aircraft remover on it and either polish the crap out of them or just paint them black again :shrug:

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
p.s. sweet sticker on the back

ROFL!!! Ah the sixteen year old me, how i hate my young self for the mistakes made!!! Its not level at all. And bright blue against all that black, what the hell was i thinking.

If it were me I would throw some aircraft remover on it and either polish the crap out of them or just paint them black again :shrug:

I might actually give that a shot. Iv never used aircraft remover/painted my own wheels but id like the experience

I think everyone is looking at it all wrong here........

Dude, 4V single or twin turbo swap....

Only thing anywhere near that id consider doing is throwing an eaton on there, but even then why would i drive this over my cobra lol.

1k and i'll come pick it up.

For 5 its yours :D.

What do you all think i should price it at? I think a clay bar and a cleaning will do wonders. its all mechanically sound, and only has 34,xxx miles on it. i ALMOST considered parting it out, but that would be such a freaking pain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread