• New Boss 302

Votes: 87 45.8%
  • Used C6 Z06

Votes: 103 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
With the Boss prices released and the used c6 z06's now in the very low 40s and high 30s, which one would you pick and why?

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
no Boss, just went on a cruise yesterday, kid was 16 years old and his 1st car was a $42k boss, he got "hooked up from the dealer".

Tunink

Established Member
How is this even a question?

I mean if you are going to stuff either car in a storage facility, a Zo6 will probably bring more money. If you are going actually drive the car, you would probably get more enjoyment out of the Zo6.

Zo6 all the way. The new 5.0 is nice and everything, I'd take an Ls7 over it any day.

only a gt

Established Member
I'd take the Boss because it's unique. I think the Laguna Seca edition is one of the best looking Mustangs I've ever seen.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
How is this even a question?

I mean if you are going to stuff either car in a storage facility, a Zo6 will probably bring more money. If you are going actually drive the car, you would probably get more enjoyment out of the Zo6.

Zo6 all the way. The new 5.0 is nice and everything, I'd take an Ls7 over it any day.

id be willing to bet in 20-30 years if you keep them both in storage the boss will bring a lot more then the zo6

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
WTF are you talking about?

just what i says, read it again. Boss is a ripoff, no way in hell I'd pay $42k for a Boss just cause it comes with 305HP on the hood my 97 Pushes 305 hp lol :burnout:

ZO6

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
The Boss comes with 440. Where the **** are you getting 305 hp? And what does some 16 year old kid on your cruise have to do with the OPs choice?

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
The Boss comes with 412, just like the other 5.0s, but has more goodies as well. Where the **** are you getting 305 hp? And what does some 16 year old kid on your cruise have to do with the OPs choice?

oh c'mon now man i'm just kidding shit, well the kids Boss came with 305hp factory stickers on the hood, he got hooked up for $42k and being that the OP is looking for a Boss at $40k i thought it had some relevance :shrug:

Z06

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
This really depends on your goals here. If you want a car with crazy aerodynamics, and has the ability to go top speed, then get the Z. If you want a unique mustang with modable power that you want to cruise to car shows with, and have fun on the street. I say go with the Boss. A Z06 really doesn't stand out that much compared to all the LS3's out there roaming around. The boss will, is it the fastest thing street? No, but you still have a lot of fun.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
oh c'mon now man i'm just kidding shit, well the kids Boss came with 305hp factory stickers on the hood, he got hooked up for $42k and being that the OP is looking for a Boss at $40k i thought it had some relevance :shrug:

Z06

You aren't kidding. You pulled a Carlo and talked out of your ass.

That said, I agree with your choice. Z06 :D

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
This really depends on your goals here. If you want a car with crazy aerodynamics, and has the ability to go top speed, then get the Z. If you want a unique mustang with modable power that you want to cruise to car shows with, and have fun on the street. I say go with the Boss. A Z06 really doesn't stand out that much compared to all the LS3's out there roaming around. The boss will, is it the fastest thing street? No, but you still have a lot of fun.

from the front or the back, i can pick out a Z06 from 100 yards away, no problem....the subtle differences really do stand out, especially the rear fenders

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

Z06

2012 BOSS isn't even on dealer floors yet.

Sounds like a shitty graphics package the idiot paid for. :lol:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
from the front or the back, i can pick out a Z06 from 100 yards away, no problem....the subtle differences really do stand out, especially the rear fenders

I understand the subtle differences with the fender, hood, different wheels but to average novice enthusiasts just taking a quick glance at it will probably think its another vette. Of course this can be said with mustangs as well, but the boss is mustang that looks completely different from most of the s197's.

Users who are viewing this thread