Stock 2010 GT500 dynos 511rwhp and 488rwtq

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Sweet

It looks like Ford is trying to put the aftermarket out of business:burnout:

Since this motor is pretty much mechanically identical to last years, does that mean an aftermarket CAI + tune won't really be worth it? I say this because didn't most CAI/tune 500's dyno almost the same?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Sweet

It looks like Ford is trying to put the aftermarket out of business:burnout:

Since this motor is pretty much mechanically identical to last years, does that mean an aftermarket CAI + tune won't really be worth it? I say this because didn't most CAI/tune 500's dyno almost the same?

Tune and CAI got me 511rwhp 486 rwtq

chuckstang

Established Member
interesting, my Evo 93 octane tune made that, I bet those numbers are fuged a bit

I am guessing that they will dyno right in line with what an 07-09 with the FRPP CAI and pro cal tune would which is about 485rwhp

After reading the article, I have no faith in the results :(

It would defy physics and everything mechanical if the GT500 did not loose power after each pull. Simply not possible

If it is, where do I sign and who wants to buy mine

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
that is good numbers, but i made 544HP and 490TQ with just a FRPP CAI and tune an dynomax race bullets. thats all i had at the time i dynoed.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
The numbers are probably STD, and sound about right for a Cold Air and Tune. I guess that OEM paper filter isn't too much of a restriction at this point, probably would be at higher boost levels though.

Putting down that much power with 3.55s backing it up, I bet those cars are a lot of fun off the showroom floor. :burnout:

chuckstang

Established Member
that is good numbers, but i made 544HP and 490TQ with just a FRPP CAI and tune an dynomax race bullets. thats all i had at the time i dynoed.

hmmm

yours would be the first car in the world to make that kind of power numbers with just an FRPP CAI and mufflers

Sorry but I would redyno or find out the details of your dyno and what the numbers were and meant

The problem with dyno numbers is there are just way too many variables and interpretations

earl lee

Established Member
Prolly would have made more if it was running 93, instead of that pisswater cali 91.

whitecobra2387

Established Member
nice I had feeling they were going to dyno around 500rhp and with a better tune and filter dyno around 520 rwhp VARY NICE

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
nice I had feeling they were going to dyno around 500rhp and with a better tune and filter dyno around 520 rwhp VARY NICE

You think they will dyno much better? Like I said in my post above, will an aftermarket CAI/tune be worth it? This particular car seemd to make almost the exact same power as most of the CAI/tune 07-09's.

Someone should due a flow analysis on the stock CAI vs aftermarket.

Users who are viewing this thread