Newbie From the UK

UK Andyman

Established Member
Hi Guys been sniffing around the forum for a while now so thought I had better Join up and say HI :beer:

Anyway I live in Milton Keynes in the UK and now have a 03 Cobra in Sonic Blue, which has to be one of the best colours out there:-D This is my third Mustang and is the best of the 3.

Yes I know.......... here are the pics which were taken after I had it mopped and machine polished

DSCF9096.jpg

DSCF9088.jpg

DSCF9074.jpg

The stang come to the UK from Japan and is standard as far as we can see but we have just fitted a set Eibach pro-kit springs which has dropped it more than I thought it would but now handles alot better.

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

SidebySide.jpg

While changing the springs found one of the front shocks is leaking so that has to be the next job....

I'm sure I will keep popping up with silly questions but this is a rare car over here, so its hard to find good help ;-)

Last edited:

UK Andyman

Established Member
Cool, how long was it in Japan for? Thats a cool story. Best of luck

The Cobra was in Japan from new and was not first reg'd until Oct 04 and I purchased it in Sep 2011 from a Importer, that my my problems started. Full story can be seen here:

Termi Has Landed!!!!!!

So now have the car on the road and starting to do a few mods, its just a shame winter is coming.

If you go to the above link have a look around as we have a far bit going on in the UK.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
The Cobra was in Japan from new and was not first reg'd until Oct 04 and I purchased it in Sep 2011 from a Importer, that my my problems started. Full story can be seen here:

Termi Has Landed!!!!!!

So now have the car on the road and starting to do a few mods, its just a shame winter is coming.

If you go to the above link have a look around as we have a far bit going on in the UK.

Cool...didn't even know there was a Mustang club of Great Britain? I may look around there a bit more.

Love the SB ColOr.....Love the British slang on there as well..takes me a while to figure out what the slang words mean....

Of Course my impression of Great Britain is all based on Top Gear.....Clarkson bugs me at times because he just doesn't get American muscle cars...Hammond does though..i think??...I digress..

Nice ride and looks good dropped...

UK Andyman

Established Member
Of Course my impression of Great Britain is all based on Top Gear.....Clarkson bugs me at times because he just doesn't get American muscle cars...Hammond does though..i think??...I digress..

Nice ride and looks good dropped...

Clarkson is a knob, were not all like that:dw:

Please do come and look around the MOCGB your more than welcome :beer:

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
Welcome Andy, i prefer SVTP to any mustang site out there. So many write ups, techs, and information on this site. just take a look at the terminator section.

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
Did you bring any new toys back for the Cobra??

Well just a small amount, did order some stuff from site lethalperformance, spent good chunk on Mcleod twin disk clutch flywheel throwout bearing and sleeve plus royal purple trans and differential oils. plan on freshening it up in Dec. and can't what to see what this mcleod will feel like coming froma spec III since my knee bothers me now most likely from the past 4 years of use.

Last edited:

UK Andyman

Established Member
I think my knees would complain driving your car every day :shrug:

As for the number of 03/04 cobras in the UK below is what i know of...

Mine Sonic blue coupe
Yours Black coupe
Roys Black coupe
The black coupe that has the bullet grill which was on ebay a few months back
Grahams Gray coupe
Adrains silver coupe he sold a few months back
Sonic from lakenheath sonic blue coupe (if he is still in the UK)
black coupe sold in scotland but went to sweden
red convert which went backwards though a stone wall

Thats 9 do you know of ant more:??:

checkout this web site:
http://howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/ford_mustang_svt_cobra

Last edited:

john3883

Slow Poke
Established Member
I think my knees would complain driving your car every day :shrug:

As for the number of 03/04 cobras in the UK below is what i know of...

Mine Sonic blue coupe
Yours Black coupe
Roys Black coupe
The black coupe that has the bullet grill which was on ebay a few months back
Grahams Gray coupe
Adrains silver coupe he sold a few months back
Sonic from lakenheath sonic blue coupe (if he is still in the UK)
black coupe sold in scotland but went to sweden
red convert which went backwards though a stone wall

Thats 9 do you know of ant more:??:

checkout this web site:
FORD MUSTANG SVT COBRA - How Many Left?

Well its my left knee and i never had issues before in the last 2 years now i do. Expecially after long days of driving it and in bad traffic.

I think its about 6 then, the other sonic blue from lakenheath went back to the states and he sold it last month. I talked to the guy in scotland (his name was john also) he was suppose to make it down here sometime to meet up for car show etc but never did guess he sold it. That red vert that wrecked was a shame.

I wonder where it went? or for parts?

I bet there might be one or two in hiding but doubt many more exist here.
That site says 11 svt cobras 2003 and 2004? but it also has listed few for 2002? 2002 didnt have any cobras... only the land down under had few hundred cobras.

Users who are viewing this thread