UPR vs FIORE FW Adjuster - Best one??

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
(I posted this question in an old thread so maybe nobody is looking at it.)
I am ready to order a FW adjuster/quadrant. The FIORE unit looks best to me but it is relatively new. The UPR is my second choice.

Anyone have any experience with the FIORE?
It comes only with a quick release quadrant, right?
Which is better, quick or stock release? UPR has both choices.
Is the UPR now supplied with two mounting screws and countersunk mounting holes?
Which UPR part Numbers to get? (They have lots of choices)

Fanged03

Established Member
Man I was gonna ask this very question too. I'm more concerned about the quadrant though. I plan on getting the Fiore FW but have a UPR TH CQ on my shelf but the Fiore one looks like a quality piece with spacers and all and its black not that stupid blue. Ya Ya it does matter what color under the dash I know its there :)

Brent

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had never heard of the Fiore firewall adjuster. But after reading about it on another forum it seems to be a top choice over the Steeda/UPR. ??

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Fiore is a micro-click adjuster, it clicks and locks as you turn it, the design is genius. I currently have the steeda FW adjuster and it sucks, it keeps moving, so I need to clamp it down .. instead of doing that I'm just going to replace it. I first read about it in MMFF a couple months ago. New design.

I am also swapping out my Steeda double hook blue for the quick release red. The red one increases pedal effort but reduces the ramp so it kicks in and out faster.

"FIORE Performance Parts has released a unique version of the popular clutch cable adjuster.

Every quarter turn of the 6061 T-6 billet aluminum adjuster automatically locks the adjustment and is indicated by an audible “click”. A thick mounting plate secured by three screws helps eliminate firewall flex for smooth clutch operation. A radial ball- bearing keeps the cable from interfering with adjustment.

A drill bit, screws and detailed instructions are included. The Micro-Click adjuster is compatible with all cables.

Available at www.PartShopper.com.

FIORE Performance Parts
Lake Wylie, SC; 704/957-7462"

Mike

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
I ended up going with the FIORE firewall adjuster (a really nice piece) and the UPR double hook quadrant. I didn't want a quick release quadrant because that would increase the clutch pedal force required which is high enough as is.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
When you get rid of the stock clutch, the clutch pedal effort will be decreased anyway.

badboy said:
I ended up going with the FIORE firewall adjuster (a really nice piece) and the UPR double hook quadrant. I didn't want a quick release quadrant because that would increase the clutch pedal force required which is high enough as is.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
ChicagoMike said:
Fiore is a micro-click adjuster, it clicks and locks as you turn it, the design is genius. I currently have the steeda FW adjuster and it sucks, it keeps moving, so I need to clamp it down .. instead of doing that I'm just going to replace it. I first read about it in MMFF a couple months ago. New design.

I am also swapping out my Steeda double hook blue for the quick release red. The red one increases pedal effort but reduces the ramp so it kicks in and out faster.

"FIORE Performance Parts has released a unique version of the popular clutch cable adjuster.

Every quarter turn of the 6061 T-6 billet aluminum adjuster automatically locks the adjustment and is indicated by an audible “click”. A thick mounting plate secured by three screws helps eliminate firewall flex for smooth clutch operation. A radial ball- bearing keeps the cable from interfering with adjustment.

A drill bit, screws and detailed instructions are included. The Micro-Click adjuster is compatible with all cables.

Available at www.PartShopper.com.

FIORE Performance Parts
Lake Wylie, SC; 704/957-7462"
Mike
Hmmm. Sounds like this is definitely the way to go if you're in the market for an aftermarket FW adjuster.

jaimemoney

Established Member
so the red quadrant from steeda and the adjuster from partshoppers

with a stock cable would be fine.

Also how would i know if my current stock cable is bad. car has 72,000 miles.

they dont sell just the adjuster. if not would that quadrant do or should i just get the red one from steeda.

wow i think this ones has a lower price

http://www.modulardepot.com/product_info.php?products_id=206

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I had the same ? but went with the UPR setup and stock cable. Great product... I know they are rip off artisits, but for $50 I couldn't pass it up. No probs with the adjuster moving either...

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Imho, I would try out the fiore. I have the upr extreme firewall adjuster and quick release and modded stock cable. Several reasons to try the fiore imho.

Big_Torch

Banned
I ordered the fiore off of modular depot, 74 for quadrant and fw adjuster. I was expecting a harsher pedal, not so, I honestly can barely tell the difference in daily driving, very quality piece.

Users who are viewing this thread