I was digging through old emails and found this 00R diff. cooler info................

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
This is the list of parts from SVT for the M-4000-K kit offered through KB for the 00R. Of course KB is out of business, but these are the parts that comprise the original diff. cooler offering as engineered by SVT for the 00R.

Robert,
Here is the parts list:
M-4000-K Parts List
Weldon 9200A pump
Spal 6" Fan
Setrab Model 119 Heat Exchanger (appro 6"x6"x2")
PART KEY(Goodridge or XRP)
* 6AN to 3/8"NPT Adapter (qty 2)
Check Valve (qty 1)
* 6AN Straight Hose Fitting (qty 3)
* 6AN 90 deg Hose Fitting (qty 6)
* 6AN 45 deg Hose Fitting (qty 1)
* 6AN Male Bulkhead Fitting (qty 2)
* 6AN Male Union Fitting (qty 2)
* 6 Crush Washers (qty 2)
* 6AN Female Coupler (qty 1)
Goodridge -6AN 200 series hose
On/off switch, a thermo-switch is optional
75 amp relay

R

Terry Moenich

Established Member
All of those parts don't cost $600.00, and you could buy it for $1800.00!!!

I bought a kit, and sent it back, that's when I made my own. Those coolers are too small. Plus you need to duct the heat out of the car which means cutting stuff, and if you run a hose from the outside to it, then they are "OK"

barely!!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Terry Moenich said:
All of those parts don't cost $600.00, and you could buy it for $1800.00!!!

I bought a kit, and sent it back, that's when I made my own. Those coolers are too small. Plus you need to duct the heat out of the car which means cutting stuff, and if you run a hose from the outside to it, then they are "OK"

barely!!

That is why the list was sent to me, I was told that I could piece this kit together for a lot less money.

That is the 1/4 window air inlet on the 00 Prototype, diff. cooler cooling? Originally the 00R Prototype was planned for a left and right rear 1/4 window duct, I have the original 1/4 window and duct assy. for the side that they (SVT) did not use in the end.

R

Terry Moenich

Established Member
I know you need to make a profit as a business but that KB price was a little over the top.

Those are some very nice pieces you have in your collection, I never saw any of that stuff in person myself!! Good for you!! :pepper: :banana: :bowdown:

blackbob

Nurburgring GTO
Established Member
Good info,anyone know if it matters what kinda cooler you use ? I was thinking a large oil cooler would work.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Good info,anyone know if it matters what kinda cooler you use ? I was thinking a large oil cooler would work.

There are a couple of diff cooler threads in here. Do a search.

As far as the parts list in the OP, I would advise HIGHLY against using AN-6 lines. :dw:

Make sure you use a large enough oil cooler, put a fan on it just in case and use AN-8 lines at the MINIMUM. Preferably AN-10.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

racer91m

Established Member
Rehagen Racing's diff cooler kit is better and cleaner. It's $1169, but uses all top-quality components. They also show it available for a 2005+ Mustang with a rear diff cover.

Go to: REHAGEN RACING PRODUCTS
and search differential cooler...

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
gracias!

When you gonna buy that blue car??? I know your wife has ok'd the purchase...

If not, you gotta check this out: 2003-2004 SVT 4.6 Cobra Engine T56 V8 Swap 03 04 Motor:eBay Motors (item 230401344273 end time Nov-28-09 11:35:15 PST)

Well it's not like I don't want the blue car! :-D I've just got another blue car that needs some sorting out and I've already got too damn many cars as it is! :cryying:

But I do have your Championship Winning car on my ebay watch list! ;-) For about 1/3rd more $ I think I'd opt for that. IF I could part with the cash! :p

Users who are viewing this thread