BRAND NEW 10th Anniversary - on Ebay!!!!

SHOLANDO

Established Member
Saw this on ebay, a brand new (NEVER TITLED) 2003 10th Anniverary RED VERT!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

68_1.JPG

"Up for bid is a 2003, Torch Red, 10th Anniversary Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible. This car is number 1029 of 2003 Special Edition models. This car is original with only 5.8 actual miles, never tagged or titled and still has Ford factory shipping covers on it. Has always been covered and garaged. It was purchased from Two Rivers Ford in Nashville, TN. I have all the certificates and bill of sale. these Ford Mustangs were hand built and signed by two man teams. This is a once in a lifetime buy and I'm selling because of my age and pending retirement"

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
how did he get it home and never title it? non-operation?

that is ready for the plucking

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i wouldn't be surprised if that car sells at close to sticker or between 35k+

if i were in the market for a terminator i would try my best to get that one and have fun with it

nothin like buying a new car and that is the closest you will get to a new car

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
When used ones are going for WAY upper $20s to low $30s...he could get $40K+ for it!

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Nicky P 03 SVT said:
he could get $40K+ for it!

Which is just what he paid for it! :poke: Drrrrr. I don't see a point in doing what he's doing. Unless he plans to keep it for 50-60 years and then resell it.

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
Man, that's located pretty close to me! If anyone wants me to go check it out I can.

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
Is there a reason why the gas mileage is different. My sticker says 17 in the city and 24 on the highway?

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
NoSlowGT said:
Is there a reason why the gas mileage is different. My sticker says 17 in the city and 24 on the highway?

I think they upped the mileage ratings in 04 because the 03 was tested with a 5 speed instead of the 6 speed that it came with. I beleive the 04's didn't get the gas guzzler tax either.

FredK'03Cobra

Established Member
Folks, it is not new, it is used. It says that it was purchased from a dealer in TN. He may never have transfered the title to the current state, but that smells of BS. When a dealer sells a car, any car, the title is transfered to the owner, and the dealer notifies Ford that 'VIN such and such' was sold. They also have to notify their bank, because that is who actually holds the note until the car is sold. Don't buy into the Ebay BS. There are probably quite a few cars that this has been done with, but usually whoever does it is smart enough to sit on the car for a longer time, to let the value truly rise.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
FredK'03Cobra said:
Folks, it is not new, it is used. It says that it was purchased from a dealer in TN. He may never have transfered the title to the current state, but that smells of BS. When a dealer sells a car, any car, the title is transfered to the owner, and the dealer notifies Ford that 'VIN such and such' was sold. They also have to notify their bank, because that is who actually holds the note until the car is sold. Don't buy into the Ebay BS. There are probably quite a few cars that this has been done with, but usually whoever does it is smart enough to sit on the car for a longer time, to let the value truly rise.
Fred, it is very possible he did buy it new from that dealer in TN. He could have moved since the purchase, or just got a good deal. I certainly wouldn't pay sticker for it. Not when there are quite a few low mileage Terminators available in excellent condition for much less. Personally, before I would ever lay down sticker on this I would wait and buy a new GT500. JMO.

I would love to know what his reserve is. I have a feeling he IS looking to get a premium over sticker on it due to the fact that it has no basically no miles on the odometer. I will admit it is a "virgin", but I doubt it will sell at that price. We'll see. He might be smarter to keep it under wraps and pass it on to a car-enthusiast child for a future sale when it might be worth big bucks in that condition. ;-)

Jpjr

Established Member
agreed why would you pay for a new 2003 when you could have a new 2007? cars are not investments. cars are not investments. cars are not investments.

Users who are viewing this thread