Biggest New Shelby ripoff contest

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
I just got back from our local Ford dealership.
Sam Galloway Ford in Fort Myers, Florida.
On the showroom floor is a new Shelby Convertible.
List Price: 48,000.
Their price?
Well, look for yourself.
We were GOING to but a new Freestyle from them,
but after seeing this, we will be getting it from someone else.
Can anyone beat this one?
Post pics.
The winner will get the satisfaction of knowing his or her local dealership has
even less scruples than Sam Galloway Ford in Fort Myers, Florida.

IMG_0885.gif

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Get used to it! These are the most basic principals of the laws of supply and demand. Dealers WILL ask stupid money for these cars because they are a VERY hot commodity right now! :idea:

As long as there are people willing to spend stupid money for them, they will continue to ask these ridiculous prices! :bash:

With time, the market will correct itself and things will get back to normal! When more cars get out in the marketplace things will settle down. Trust me! But until then:

GET USED TO IT!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I demand that they lower the price on their supply. Car Dealers almost make jail time worth it. Them and the tasty food.

Vette Slapper

Established Member
Yes, but I don't have a window sticker picture. My wife and I went to the local Ford dealership in Roseville California Future Ford in the Roseville auto mall. MSRP was $44,000 dealer markup $65,000 total for the car $109,000. What a F...ING RIP OFF!!!!!!!!! Future Ford of Roseville California and Future Ford of Sacramento California can KISS MY ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!:loser:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Ask for the sles manager and tell him you'll give him $200 over invoice for it.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
I've been waiting to see ADM window sticker pictures. I wish I had Terminator pictures like that!!!

We all know this is rediculous, but we might as well have some fun with it. I've only been to one dealer with a GT500 in the showroom. There was no window sticker on it. I'll check another dealer and will post up a pic of the ADM sticker as soon as I see it.

Eventually this will die down, but I agree with ac427cobra...we'd better get used to it! :lol1:

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Get used to it! These are the most basic principals of the laws of supply and demand. Dealers WILL ask stupid money for these cars because they are a VERY hot commodity right now! :idea:

As long as there are people willing to spend stupid money for them, they will continue to ask these ridiculous prices! :bash:

With time, the market will correct itself and things will get back to normal! When more cars get out in the marketplace things will settle down. Trust me! But until then:

GET USED TO IT!

For the most part I agree - it's supply & demand, and until things change dealers will get stupid money for the cars.

HOWEVER, there's another aspect to this that you perhaps haven't considered, and that's the part that really burns me up (and apparently many others on this board too). That is the blatant lies and misinformation handed out by sleazy dealers to help "justify" the rediculous markups.

I went over to Maroone Ford in Pompano Beach and asked to look at the GT500 (their 4th one, it was already sold and being prepped). He kindly showed my friend and I the car, but on the way there he tried selling me the line that Ford was only going to make 3,000 of these, and this was the only year. Even after I corrected him, he stuck to his guns and claimed that no, Ford was going to limit production to help "keep the car exclusive". And this was the manager, no less IIRC.

This is the kind of bullshit that people really get burned up over - not just the silly mark-ups. If people just want to be the first and can afford it, more power to them. But the deliberate lies and misinformation from dealers is where Ford needs to step in to protect the customers.

MHO.

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
This is yet another sad presentation of the car dealer mentality in action.

Gouge a loyal Ford customer and then inflame him to greater degree with lies.

The cheesy hand written price increase on the car tells every potential customer who passes through their place of business one simple thing: We are going to hammer you as hard as we possibly can. This violates and ignores human psychology to the point that it is laughable.

I hope they snag their sucker while they alienate hundreds of potential buyers in the process.

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I'm going to sit back and wait a year or so for the "got to have it" buyers and dealers start selling them at a loss.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
drmustang said:
This is yet another sad presentation of the car dealer mentality in action.

Gouge a loyal Ford customer and then inflame him to greater degree with lies.

The cheesy hand written price increase on the car tells every potential customer who passes through their place of business one simple thing: We are going to hammer you as hard as we possibly can. This violates and ignores human psychology to the point that it is laughable.

I hope they snag their sucker while they alienate hundreds of potential buyers in the process.
My GF and I were going to buy a Freestyle from them.
We will get one at a different dealer now.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
eichisama said:
For the most part I agree - it's supply & demand, and until things change dealers will get stupid money for the cars.

That is the point. When the supply exceed the demand; the price will go down (quickly).

I can't believe this situation of premiums (to MSRP), and buyers keep going back for more.

I first noted it with the '92 Viper. Those guys took a big loss when the market adjusted. Why don't consumers ignore the premiums and just wait them out? :shrug:

birdman941 said:
Ford Motor Company needs to step in and put a stop to it.

Ford dealers are independent contractors. Ford Motor Company has no authority to tell them to charge MSRP. It's called capitalism.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
eichisama said:
HOWEVER, there's another aspect to this that you perhaps haven't considered, and that's the part that really burns me up (and apparently many others on this board too). That is the blatant lies and misinformation handed out by sleazy dealers to help "justify" the rediculous markups.

Ford dealers and car salesmen in particular, are the LAST ones to know anything about the products they are selling especially NEW products.

If you're getting your information from them, you are not well informed. :read:

Sleazy dealers are not something new that's just cropped up. They have been around as long as the automobile! :idea:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
If anybody sees somebody or knows somebody that is willing to pay a mark up like that...send them my way. I will gladly part with my Shelby.

jimmy77

Established Member
This might be good for dealerships but, its terrible for FOMOCO. I've said this before,I'll say it again. Ford should have taken advanced orders from individuals and built as many as it took to fulfill demand. Ford could have sold 30 or 40k easy for MSRP. Ford needs the money! Let me get this straight...FOMOCO sells a car to a dealer for 3 or 4 grand below msrp....and then the dealer turns around and sells it for 40 grand above msrp???? Thats good for business????? Ford is being punked by its dealers.....and alienating its core base at the same time. I'm sorry I just have a hard time seeing the fellas who designed, built, painted and such making 1/10 of what the dealer is making. At least when Ford makes it, it will go towards strengthing the co. rather than buying a dealership owner another house in Hawaii. Its time for Ford to sell vehicles online and bypass the dealer...the dealer should stick to warranty work only. Daimler chrysler needs to fast track that challenger to fulfill the need the gt 500 isn't filling: Affordable muscle to the masses....Calling DR. DIETER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread