My night at the track...beat a SRT-10 Ram TWICE!

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Well I went tonight to the drag strip and get a feel for what my truck should be runing like.
Well she ran strong as hell..better than when I first bought her as a matter of fact! I guess the new head assembly worked :p
Anyways while I was chit chatting with my friends who came out with me a guy in a 4 month old black SRT-10 pulls up about three or so cars down from me.
Well while Im sitting there chatting with my friends the guy in the SRT walks up and asks me what I run. Well I told him I dont know exactly since I havent run it yet..and that the clocks were WAY off (a Gixxer was pulling 17's). Well he asked if I wanted to run and I told him sure..just give me a few minutes to ice down. well we line up..im on street tires so a small burn out (still pointless on this track..horrible prep) and we stage. The tree lights up..and boom it hits green and Im off..he had no hope, by the end of the track i had probably 2-3 lengths on him :thumbsup:
Well I park and start to ice down again some dude walks up and asks if i wanna go against his car (vega i think..not familiar with older chevys) he claims he is pulling an 11.9 on some track in washington (hes a G.I. just in case anyone asks) all the way down the track he wasnt pulling me at all. Off the line he got me..but I held him there and you could see him lookin over like "WTF?". I lost by half a fender :(
After this run I park and ice down...the SRT-10 has been chillin there cooling down this whole time. He asks if I wanna run again, well I beat him last time..so I said sure. This time he brought some guy along with him.
no real burn out and I stage. Bring my revs up to about 1000 the tree goes green..and we are off this time im spinning like nuts then BOOM i grab and im gone still put 2 lengths on the guy. Suffice to say I was shocked with my truck, and well I was happy to beat this guy...twice..and with a ride along :D
After this run im approached by a guy in a 95ish cobra and im asked if I wanna run..i was barely popping the hood. well I told him yeah gimme about 10 and ill run with him.
Once again I roll up and stage..this guy does a burn out then has his friend run out and VHT (or whatever the hell its called) his tires. The tree goes green he gets me off the line. About a 1/4 of the way out I start reeling him in and pass him. BUT he holds his bumper about where my door handle would be and wont drop back...i win.

I lost to three other cars a 05-06 GT that I didnt romp on it off the line..I left like I was on the street..then punched it suffice to say I lost. But I was closing the gap quick towards the end.
And the last car was a red 04GT that was a friend of the white 95 cobra. he beat me by about half a fender.
And the final was a newer LS2 powered GTO with exhaust, CAI and I dunno what else...looked stock to me. He got me with my bumper right at the ass end of his door.

I will post the vids as soon as I can find a place to host them as my personal FTP would die and the only other one I have access to is owned by someone else..and i dont have their permission (yet :p)

But my mods are simple.
6# lower
accufab SBTB
C&L elbow
stock 90mm MAF (yes its a mod for me since I had a 95mm MAC unit before)
Chickenears Cool-Aid (this thing rules plain and simple!!)
cat back exhaust
NGK TR-6 (these are what 2 ranges colder than stock right?)
on the canned 91 octane+pulley diablo sport predator tune.

I cannot say I am dissappointed at all! :)
and what me even more happy was the fact that there was no "marble in a can" sounds this time, funny ticks or rough running.
She brought it to the track and made me proud! god damn I love this truck!

was int he upper 70's tonight. I was also being paranoid and checking for trouble codes after every run...nothing. The only one that shows up is "1000 odb test hasnt completed" or something along those lines

*videos are added!! Thank you Snakestress for the hosting :)

first run against the SRT-10

second run against SRT-10

run against the vega(?)

Against the white cobra

Run against the LS2 GTO

Last edited:

Lightning Steve

Established Member
Wow that's great man!! What were your times, or was it still not working?
Your still on the canned Pred tunes, you should do even better with a good custom tune. It's funny all the people who want to race a Lightning thinking there not REALLY that fast, then get beat. Glad to hear you truck is back and better than ever.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Lightning Steve said:
Wow that's great man!! What were your times, or was it still not working?
Your still on the canned Pred tunes, you should do even better with a good custom tune. It's funny all the people who want to race a Lightning thinking there not REALLY that fast, then get beat. Glad to hear you truck is back and better than ever.

Times were all over the place and yet people were using them like the gospel.
I was everywhere from 14.9-16.00 which jesus is about impossible id hope!!
And anytime I see a bike that has a nitrous express bottle that is live crack a 17 I have a problem. So no I cant tell you exactly with any accuracy what Im running but I was hitting the end of the track around 101-102mph.
Well Im still up in the air about who will do my dyno tune..but I have a good idea and the guy works for both places ha ha :)
But I guess the guy was figuring he would beat me considering he was telling me how he saw "one" the other day driven by some kid and he beat it. Well sadly his GF/wife and kid watched him get owned pretty bad :)
I need a VB and I want traction bars...i got tired of doing a burn out and having the ass end of my truck bounce up and down like an amusment park ride..so in my vids youll see me start then just stop and stage.

Also I forgot to give a honorable mention to this bad ass ricer that was out in a white CRX. The guy was soo friggin bad ass that he launched in reverse at about what sounded like 3000rpm LOL

All I know is as long as she runs like this and gets better im gonna be happy as hell!
However my spark plugs..the NGK TR-6's are they 1 range or 2 ranges colder than stock?
Also these are gapped at .038 per Bob and Mai's suggestion..and its great!

Last edited:

Lightning Steve

Established Member
Ya there is no way you were 14-16, had to be better than that. Yes get a VB you will REALLY like it!! I believe the TR6 is one range colder.
I hope you got that CRX on tape that would be funny as hell,lol.

RBakerian

IWHINE
Established Member
Awesome man, nice job kicking some SRT ass. Show em how we do it. Sounds like a badass time.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
RBakerian said:
Awesome man, nice job kicking some SRT ass. Show em how we do it. Sounds like a badass time.

I had a blast. I coulda lost to everything else that night just whuppin the SRT made it worth my while :)
Im still kinda bummed I lost to the GTO tho :( oh well maybe next time when I get around to my t-bars, VB and slicks :) I was surprised how he wasnt really pulling on me tho :)

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
whiteslim said:
just send em whenever..

1st one sent.
others are now on their way :D

they have all been sent out...lets see if they actually show up tho :p

Last edited:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Lightning Steve said:
Great vids, you really smoked the SRT10 in that first one. The GTO one looked like you were really moving, was that your fastest run?

the first run against the SRT-10 I got a much better launch, the second vid i was spinning my tires like crazy...but I still won :D
The GTO was also a pretty decent launch.
I wasnt paying attention the times since by the time I got back to the parking lot they were gone..and my friends didnt bother LOL
however according to their lame ass clock my fastest was a 14.3 how the phuck ever I pull that but ok :)

Lightning Steve

Established Member
14.3? I don't know that seems kind slow for your mods, I would think you are faster than that. I could be wrong but I don't think heating up street tires does any good?

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
so i still win???!!! 13.9 baby! :lol:

great runs mike, hope they show up again tomorrow :thumbsup:

ps: also remember guys we are at 4000' elevation. not that it matters much for us FI cars but it does add up when you do the correction. sometimes DA can be a bitch as well

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread