735 whp w/ Whipple 2.3 @ 18 psi ?

shoaf85

Established Member
This is posted on a local forum and I was curious to see what some of you guys thought, I have never seen a whipple make these kind of #'s especially on pump gas and 18 psi!
Dave came down with the 2003 Cobra vert.(tag:MAMBA) he has completely rebuilt from front to back. The has a 302ci with worked heads and cam's topped off with a Whipple making 18psi. This car was on pump gas(93oct.) The first pull it made 690hp & 610tq, 2 pulls later we felt that the 735hp & 643tq was plenty for a daily driver, maybe some time soon it will come back with some race gas so we can crank it up. So for now a VERY safe tune that makes 735hp will work for me as a daily driver:drive:

DSC02353.jpg

alan12.sized.jpg

Last edited:

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
I guess anything is possible. My first thought was nitrous, but the graph doesn't show that at all. Numbers are STD, so SAE will be lower, but not by 100 HP. I wonder what his other mods are..

GodStang

Established Member
Miamifan1354 said:
I guess anything is possible. My first thought was nitrous, but the graph doesn't show that at all. Numbers are STD, so SAE will be lower, but not by 100 HP. I wonder what his other mods are..

Good call did not even see the STD. I also first thought the bottle but then looked at the graph and there is no indication of bottle. With the him having full mods inculding P&P heads ~700rwhp SAE is possible and has been done before. So I say yes fully possible.

s/c stang

Established Member
SAE numbers will still be alittle above 700 rwhp..I too would like to know his mods...strong numbers though

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
:read:
"302ci with worked heads and cam's topped off with a Whipple making 18psi"

I believe it with no reservations with a 302 heads and cams

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Well, it's a 302 with head work and cams. So, it may be seeing 18 PSI, but is probably pullied for more like 22. I can believe it. It usually takes cams to bump our cars up above 700 RWHP.

04torchred

Established Member
sambandit said:
Well, it's a 302 with head work and cams. So, it may be seeing 18 PSI, but is probably pullied for more like 22. I can believe it. It usually takes cams to bump our cars up above 700 RWHP.

+1 Scott, key point to see is the pulley ratio not the indicated boost.

shoaf85

Established Member
I was told that it had a 3.5 upper w/ a 4lb lower and with a stroker that definately wouldn't make 18 psi so maybe it was a different combo, Oh well they are some nice numbers either way!

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
BS BS BS BS BS...

look at teh freaking dyno chart... that chart shows either A) a centrifugal blower or B) a turbo.....

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
Yep, possible, stroker, LT headers etc, fuel system, pullied for over 20lbs could be in the ballpark. Torque shows some weakness, drops off real fast.

shoaf85

Established Member
SRT10ETR said:
BS BS BS BS BS...

look at teh freaking dyno chart... that chart shows either A) a centrifugal blower or B) a turbo.....

Not when it's making 615ish ft/lbs at 3300 rpms!

EVILNSS

EVILNSS
Established Member
look at the HP chart... it goes up at a slope.... our roots style blowers go just about straight up... and then across...

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
SRT10ETR said:
look at the HP chart... it goes up at a slope.... our roots style blowers go just about straight up... and then across...

on the intial hit my whipple goes to 19psi then builds up to 24psi...

Last edited:

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
SRT10ETR said:
Nope.... Looks a lot like mine (just higher in the numbers)

Users who are viewing this thread