What tires to go with?

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I'm posting in here beacuase I figured I would get the most feedback

Well I currently have Eagle F1 GS-D3's on my cobra now and am thinking about going with something different. I'm in AZ and don't plan on ever being in the rain with the car either. Of the following what is your opinion/ experience with each?

BF Goodrich g-Force T/A Drag radial-
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/bfg/productIdSubmit.do

Nitto NT01 - http://www.nittotire.com/#index.tire.nt01

Or would you recommend something more along the lines of the Nitto NT555R's or the BF Goodrich KDW's etc.

What is your opinion on the Eagle F1 GS-D3's?

What tire has the best dry traction on the street??

2001BlackSVT

You're First or Last
Established Member
NT01's are R compound Road Race Competition tires.... what are you using the car for? If you're driving it around town... get the GSD3s, if you drag race it... get drag radials, if you road race it... get the Nitto NT01s

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
NT01's are R compound Road Race Competition tires.... what are you using the car for? If you're driving it around town... get the GSD3s, if you drag race it... get drag radials, if you road race it... get the Nitto NT01s

I am looking for a tire that will hook better than my current setup, GS-D3's, and have heard nothing but good things about the BFG Drag Radials but wanted some input on other options. I havent heard much about the Nittos though. The tries would be used for driving around town but I want something that won't just spin when I want to get on it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'm going with the BFG dr's. They seem to have the best responses on here. Also supposedly if you air them up to the max they actually handle pretty good.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
The Nitto's will last longer but you will not get as much grip. My BFG's grip with 520+Rwhp in 2nd gear without even a warm up. I'm only going to keep these on my car from now on.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
I'm going with the BFG dr's. They seem to have the best responses on here. Also supposedly if you air them up to the max they actually handle pretty good.

Here are a couple pictures of the BFG's they hook very well.

wheel1mj0.jpg

rearwheel3ww3.jpg

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^^Man those are phat dog:rockon:! You be ballin you PIMP:lol:!

Seriously they look awesome!

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Mickey Thompson of BFG Drag Radials if it doesnt see rain and not too many miles.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
:beer:Damn it's been a looong week! You know what I mean schnizzle, dizzle buh fizzle me dizzle?:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread