Magnassani or Bassani-flow. My interesting setup

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I've owned my 03 Redfire Vert since 03 and it just turned 20K on the clock. I've had a K&N on it, subframe connectors and that's it.

This year for my birthday I ordered the Magnaflow Catback. Man what a difference in sound. The stock catback let you sneak up on people, not so with the maggies. The low tone gave me a headache so I remembered that someone on the board had put bassani baffles in a Magnaflow catback and had the best of both worlds. The are removable and install with a hex set screw at the end of the tip. The magnaflow tips already had the hole for the screw.

So now is it a Magnasani or a Bassani flow. What ever you call it, it sounds good and gives me options. Great for long drives and keeping the Mrs. happy and all that sound when i pull the baffles.

If you'd like the baffles talk to Sheldon at Bassani, its the 3.5 inch baffles that fit their GT catback. Their Cobra setup is a 4 inch.

chopps

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Established Member
I have the bassani tips/cat and baffles with the FR500 mufflers and can sneak up easy under 2500 rpms like a feather :)
after that nope,
not sneaking up on a deaf person then.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A number of people here have bought the Bassani baffles separate for their Magnaflow catbacks. Funny. I tried this with my own Maggie catback and didn't notice much difference at all, noise wise. I ended up selling the catback and going with a Steeda. Not sure why it just didn't work well for me. It has definitely worked for others.

Has anyone who has done this had an issue with the Bassani baffle material blowing out the tips? That was another issue I had.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Bringing back an oldie but a goodie. I get at least one PM a month on this so I thought I'd bring it back up

Users who are viewing this thread