Mishimoto Radiator WOW!

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
A few days ago I installed the Aluminum Mishimoto Radiator and all I can say is why didn't I do this mod before. I had no heating issues but the stock rad sprung a leak on the lower passanger side which I managed to JB Weld.....lol it only lasted about 2 weeks when the JB weld unwelded and the heavy drip came back. So the Mishimoto went in. Living in SoCal heat+traffic jams the temp needle never seemed to go bellow right of R in NORMAL. Now even in heavy traffic it hangs longer around O and when it get's to R it falls back down to O again fairly quickly when the fan kicks in. On the Fwy/highway the fan never kicks in, the temps never get high enough. I don't have an aftermarket Temp guage so I can't really tell how much of a difference it is in cooling. But, to anyone considering the Mishimoto over Fluidyne due to price I will say the Mishimoto's performance is shcoking to say the least, it is also strong and very well assembled. I did have to widden up the lower Rad support holes so it could sit correctly and push in the upper plastic support backing (which has wires that cross the top of the rad). It's a tight squeeze, wider, and taller but it fits in perfect and rubs on nothing. I'm happy as hell with it and I just had to let it out! :dancenana:

Also installed new Motorcraft hoses, thermostat, FPR, Fuel Filter. Peace of mind.

Last edited:

BlownCobra32v

Kickin' back
Established Member
I have this same Rad. and it's the best, very high quality-my car doesn't go above 160* with the A/C on in traffic!!

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
is anyone running a real gauge as well as the stock gauge? just so we can get some kind of grasp on what equals what?

allgo90

Established Member
ive heard from a few different people that have had their mishimoto's leak after a few months

tjs98gt

Established Member
mishimotos are crap. be prepared to replace it at least once or twice before you decide to go back to stock or to an 03/04 cobra radiator. those mishi ones look good out of the box but thats about it

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
The coolant 'dummy gauge' isn't much of an indicator.

maybe on your terminator, but the gauge on the sn95's are much more accurate (do not center automatically)

congrats op and best of luck with it - i have had my eye on those mishimoto's for my car when the time comes. glad to hear the fitment was right on :thumbsup:

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
congrats op and best of luck with it - i have had my eye on those mishimoto's for my car when the time comes. glad to hear the fitment was right on :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy! :thumbsup:

Got pics of the install?
I didn't take pic's of the install process but I can take a pic of it mounted and lower mounting supports if you'd like to see the end result.

So the new mishimoto radiator didnt leak at all? Ive heard horror stories of them leaking.
No leak here.

mishimotos are crap. be prepared to replace it at least once or twice before you decide to go back to stock or to an 03/04 cobra radiator. those mishi ones look good out of the box but thats about it

I've heard the same horror stories on the Mishimoto and the Fluidyne. They both seem to leak from the same area, the lower areas near the supports. So I figured I'd spend less money and try the Mishimoto. I widden the lower support holes and instaledl new RUbber isloators that would give the Rad a snug fit but yet is not held stone solid against the metal which cause extra stress bending on the lower corners (fins), while you drive like a maniac. I tried to avoid what those with the leaking radiators did. They installed the rad without isloators in order for the rad to drow down and be able to fit into the rad support area. These are just my thoughts and aren't proven facts. If it leaks then I'll deal with it when it does. I have an 03/04 Rad sitting in the garage (back up). I really doubt that 03/04 rad would drop the temps as much as a mishimoto or fluidyne rad would. The 03/04 rads's look the same as the sn/95 rads. Only difference is that the side tanks are made out of metal. Besides the Burping procedure was a piece of cake. I thought I was going to have problems but it's almost as easy as burping a 5.0

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread