98 N/A 4V shortrunner dyno results

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Hi yall,

I did an intake for a member on here by the name of carkrazy. He has a full bolt-on 98 cobra. He just got off the dyno tonight. Car should pull pretty good now. He said he didn't give it anymore timing than before so that may be leaving a bit on the table I don't know. He already had a set of IMRC deletes that I did for him.

Anyways here's a pic from his phone he sent me.

Congrats Rick. Can't wait to see what it does at the strip.

Ricksdyno.jpg

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
hmm solid numbers....so much i want to do to my car..lol is it better doing a short runner or porting the uppper and lower? jw

94venomV8

Established Member
How much power did he gain from the stock intake? How much would I see going to a short runner on a supercharged car with about 12psi? Last how much do you charge, just trying to figure benefit to money spent is all. Thanks

jakesspv6

Established Member
How much power did he gain from the stock intake? How much would I see going to a short runner on a supercharged car with about 12psi? Last how much do you charge, just trying to figure benefit to money spent is all. Thanks

this is something i want to know too.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
will the dynojet numbers be higher than other dynos?

Dynojet SAE factored numbers are kinda the standard most people go use to compare hp numbers. Dyno Dynamics dynos tend to read higher while Mustang dynos read lower. STD numbers are a bit higher, probably 6-10rwhp at that power level.

Mark, was that with 93 octane or higher? If that was turning the water pump, power steering, alt, and a/c those are damn good numbers depsite the STD factoring. We've gotten a couple over 330 SAE turning accessories but that was with race gas and shitload of timing.

Good job!

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member

Well, if you gain 20rwhp n/a, you will gain at least that much with with boost. Gains at 15psi should be double that of n/a.

Short runners increase power from 6300 rpm and up, but most people with FI don't take their engines that high. So, if you're gonna be a puss and not spin the engine, don't waste your money on a short runner.

Last edited:

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Dynojet SAE factored numbers are kinda the standard most people go use to compare hp numbers. Dyno Dynamics dynos tend to read higher while Mustang dynos read lower. STD numbers are a bit higher, probably 6-10rwhp at that power level.

Mark, was that with 93 octane or higher? If that was turning the water pump, power steering, alt, and a/c those are damn good numbers depsite the STD factoring. We've gotten a couple over 330 SAE turning accessories but that was with race gas and shitload of timing.

Good job!

Thanks Todd. It was on 93. It does have a EWP but has all the other accessories. Ya being it was STD I figured he'd be atleast at 320-322 SAE. When I made 325 SAE and it was with a lot of timing and on 110 but I'm not buying gas at over 7$ a gal so they pulled the timing and set it for 93.

As far as bolt-ons on Ricks car it has full exhaust (don't know about cats or no cats), 4.10's, pullies, EWP, and JLT CAI. It may have a meter and TB I don't know. Hopefully the owner will chime in.

-Mark

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
When I made 325 SAE and it was with a lot of timing and on 110 but I'm not buying gas at over 7$ a gal so they pulled the timing and set it for 93... -Mark

It sucks that the power level of these engines vary so much from car to car, but that's what happens when you have 8 cam drive gears (4 of them very losse), four timing chains.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
It sucks that the power level of these engines vary so much from car to car, but that's what happens when you have 8 cam drive gears (4 of them very losse), four timing chains.

I hear ya. When I did the 325 I had an EWP and a ac delete. Still had PS. I'm wondering if I yank the PS off go down to a 3.73 or 4.10 and put a spool in the car what would it put down. Cause I'm sure my heavy ass detroit locker is taking one or two ponies. But I really don't care as much. As long as it mph's at the track I'm happy.

But I am curious as to how my intake will work when I put the novi on. I got a feeling it's going to make some obscene amount of power and I'm going to put a window in the side of my block on my first pass. :rockon: :lol1:

-Mark

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Very nice numbers, Mark! :rockon:

And fwiw guys, if you're thinking about having Mark do some work for you, don't even hesitate for a second. I had him do a set of IMRC deletes for me (which should arrive in my hands tomorrow) and he has easily been one of the best guys I have ever dealt with on the Internet.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Very nice numbers, Mark! :rockon:

And fwiw guys, if you're thinking about having Mark do some work for you, don't even hesitate for a second. I had him do a set of IMRC deletes for me (which should arrive in my hands tomorrow) and he has easily been one of the best guys I have ever dealt with on the Internet.

Thank you sir. :beer:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Nice work!

Lost no power down low, and it was nothing but gains up on top!

Too bad you don't work on 01 intakes, since you are pretty close by to me.

94venomV8

Established Member
What about torque that is what I am really concerned about with the centri blower. Will it gain any lo end from the short runner or no?

Users who are viewing this thread