earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Hello everyone!

So you guys have an ex TTSupra owner among you now. Hah! When I had my Supra I learned the most about them from other owners in the forum. Well that was 13 years, 650hp and lots of races ago. I sold the car when my first child was born. Well now she's 10 and dad decided it was time to have a little fun again. It's been about 9 years since I have had a sports car.

Back when I had my Supra one of my racing buds David Bynum had a Cobra and I really liked it. Well last night I bought a 98 Cobra Convertible with only 36,000 miles on it. I had to drive 350 miles after I picked mine up. After that drive I really fell in love with the car. I now understand the muscle car community much more. It's a completely different sensation from turbo imports. I love the car and I am looking forward to many years of enjoying it.

earico

Established Member
Right away...don't want to get booted on 1st day!

So did the Cobra come with factory adjustable shocks? The guy I bought it from was the 2nd owner. He got it with 9k miles in 2000 and never modded the car. He told me that it was 100% stock. Well I think the 1st owner lowered it and put shocks on it. It has green springs underneath.

Pics:
DSC03411.gif

DSC03413.gif

DSC03416.gif

DSC03415.gif

DSC03414.gif

DSC03420.gif

DSC03417.gif

my old baby back in the day LOL:
supra-side.gif

engine1.gif

interior2.gif

earico

Established Member
Answered my own question

Shocks are aftermarket like I thought.

DSC03421.gif

Badfish4.6

Established Member
He also got rid of the strut tower bar.... for an ex import driver u might like your driving experience better with it on.

bmorecobra

Off stacks
Established Member
Clean looking car man..now let the mods begin that thing is way too stock. I thought 98s didn't come with a strut bar.

earico

Established Member
I know it's a virgin.....gotta break her in!!

Clean looking car man..now let the mods begin that thing is way too stock. I thought 98s didn't come with a strut bar.

Thanks! Yeah the first thing I gotta do is get a head unit that is MP3 capable!!!

Then I want to put some 315s out back. That's the immediate short list. Engine mods after that.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
awesome looking car and welcome..car looks like a peach..i know you just got it and those are aftermarket struts..but get some new headlights too instead of those hazed ones!!

earico

Established Member
yeah those do look terrible don't they?

awesome looking car and welcome..car looks like a peach..i know you just got it and those are aftermarket struts..but get some new headlights too instead of those hazed ones!!

I'll probably do a HID install at the same time.

earico

Established Member
Thanks for the comments guys!

You guys have been really nice to the eximporter from the darkside ;-)

I love the car more & more everyday!

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
my car looked exactly like yours except for the convertible part. that was many thousands of dollars ago. modding is so damn addictive.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I'd say new headlights and clear corners, FR500 steering wheel dyed to match the interior, clean the floormats, MP3 CD player, exhaust, spacers, tint, ah screw it I'll just stop there haha clean car man! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread