Back at it again! Never ending build -Carb'd&Cammed Cobra-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
So after enjoying my car for a few weeks..I've already gotten the itch to get some more done to the car!

However, now I'm working on getting all the cosmetics/functionality/comfort all 100% done on the car. Last night I made a to-do list on my droid...came up with 27 small projects/things I want to get done on my car.

I figured I'll go ahead and show you the very first thing I already did.

Installed an 03 center console with a 99 shift boot/bezel!

6171300358_484a0edcda.jpg

6170770393_71e179ecc8.jpg

I'm already in love with it! TWO cup holders?!? I must be moving up in this world!:lol: As well it replaces my old worn out/cracking shifter boot and now I have a boot for the e-brake as well. However I'm not stopping there with this, I'm taking out the 'traction control' button and putting in my own button for my fog lights there. The other cool thing is now I have an electrical outlet INSIDE of the center console compartment, out of plain view. Also I have to remove the whole thing again to prep and dye the console to black to match the rest of my interior perfectly. I'm currently stripping a v6 to the frame and then swapping over terminator EVERYTHING in the car[computer, harnesses,motor,trans,IRS,brakes,fuel system,hydroboost,etc], so the guy just gave it to me.

These next few days I'm going to put in an order for some small LED bulbs to replace all the incandescent bulbs in my autometer gauges with blue LEDs to match my wideband perfectly and for better lightning..because they SUCK! I feel like I just have a small candle lit behind each of my gauges, makes the interior look old/worn. Also replacing my license plate lights with LEDs as well to freshen it up back there.

Also removing and painting my front bumper and hood brackets/fasteners as well since they look absolutely terrible. BEFORE pictures.

Here you can see that they have surface rust
6171377902_62c86c97a5.jpg

Here is my MANGLED front bumper [BTW, 1500rwhp parked]
6170845397_d91f67cbef_z.jpg

Anyways..I'm not going to spoil any more on what I plan on doing..like I said, I have a list of 27 little projects to do on the car!

This is a thread I plan on updating daily when I get the chance..should be able to knock out a lot of these really quickly, so be sure to check back for more pictures, projects, and ideas!

Oh..and here is a picture I took the other day while I was eating at Wendy's, I couldn't help but to feel ridiculous, lol. I've now had THREE people assume that those are nitrous bottles hanging back there. :kaboom: and one person think it was a parachute. :smmon:

6170767223_489b2cbaa3.jpg

She turns 16 in a week, so she is getting all sorts of spoiled for her sweet 16!

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
That's awesome man. How hard was the center console change? I have a 96 and I absolutely hate the little pull out cup holder. When a cup actually fits it makes shifting awkward lol

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
awesome bud-it sucks to look out nice engine bays then the rest of the car some times- that's why I just spent 10 hr polishing and cleaning

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member

Thanks!

That's awesome man. How hard was the center console change? I have a 96 and I absolutely hate the little pull out cup holder. When a cup actually fits it makes shifting awkward lol

It was a 3-4 minute job for me, however it wasn't my first rodeo.

The connectors on the wiring harness are completely different, but I'm wiring it in separately myself since I don't have the stock wiring harness on my car anyways, lol

awesome bud-it sucks to look out nice engine bays then the rest of the car some times- that's why I just spent 10 hr polishing and cleaning

Yup! However my engine bay still isn't perfect to where I want it yet, so I plan on just touching up everything all over the car. The only thing is...I'm still going to have a really shitty paint job, but I'll get that fixed eventually.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
So today I pulled off my intake manifold.

I went from a running car..to having my hood removed and THIS.

318660_10150387827819948_656049947_10120349_1803387365_n.jpg

in exactly 4 minutes an 36.8 seconds, by myself. DO WORK!

So the other week I modified my sullivan racing intake to make it more suitable for my driving. Needless to say I gained a crap load of low end torque and throttle response! It was literally a night and day difference [None of the 'I installed a cold air intake and I can feel it pull harder' bullcrap....feels like I'm spraying an honest 50 shot down low now]. Not only did it pull a lot harder, but it got rid of the hesitation, backfires, and misfires I was having under low RPM, high low situations [thank you 3.27 gears! NOT]. Anyways.. today I just re-did it and welded.

Tomorrow I'm going to take care of some cosmetic stuff on the car.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
fn bad ass dudel...car looks awesome, love the look of the R hood, congrats on the front bumper repaint!! i want to see some in car vids when u get some free time!

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Thanks a lot! Today I made a hard 1-2-3 pull and holy shit I forgot how LOUD she can get! Seriously has the same exact WOT tone as a Sprint Cup car. Did some more intake work today as well. Watching Jeff Dunham right now on comedy central, when that's over I'm going to start pulling off my front bumper and taping off my engine bay to paint them both!

This also popped up about 10 minutes from my house the other week!!

309160_10150372768169948_656049947_10031845_1518384536_n.jpg

So I'm going to look into trying to make the swap over to e85! My fuel system is already ready to go..I just need to make sure my wideband will work with it and decide whether I want to buy another E85 carb altogether or just get the E85 metering blocks and swap it into my current one.

Last edited:

svtcobralover

Established Member
E85 is great and awesome to build power from but the only thing that sucks is the fuel consumption. It will burn 30% more fuel than with 93 octane. Cheaper yes, but in the long run will equate to almost the same prices as using 93. using it for N/A isn't bad but more usable for boosted applications.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Looks good, Chris!

I always enjoy following your threads! Keep it coming!

Thanks man! It's hard for me to keep still with this car.. Even if it is something little and silly.

Tonight I jumped down one jet size up front and in the back.. Guess I'll find out how well she does.

E85 is great and awesome to build power from but the only thing that sucks is the fuel consumption. It will burn 30% more fuel than with 93 octane. Cheaper yes, but in the long run will equate to almost the same prices as using 93. using it for N/A isn't bad but more usable for boosted applications.

If anything it will be more expensive, but it is a fraction of the price of race gas and BETTER. I don't expect to make a lot of extra power.. But any power gained from advanced timing would be helpful, especially in such a light car(not to mention I'm pretty sure I would be the only E85 carb'd modular in the world, lol). Still not sure yet of the swap because money is tight, but I would be silly to not atleast consider it when my fuel system is ready.

The F2 will definitely be fed by ethanol though.

svtcobralover

Established Member
Chris if you have any questions about E85 I would talk to Jake Long over at Power by the Hour in Boyton Beach, south Florida. They are good friends over there and definetely know what they are doing when going to E85. Jakes been running E85 in his 96 cobra for like 5-6 years now and daily drives it and has been into the high 8's. Really passionate about sn95's.Just some food for thought.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Thanks man!

So here are some pictures from today.

Started it out with refueling, changing jets, and swapping the cam gear for the accelerator pump on my way to work...took about 4 minutes for me to get it all done. NASCAR STATUS. haha.

Also note how shitty my front bumper was..I have a new picture below ;]
6194249192_847b666851_z.jpg

rattle canned the front bumper tonight! Tomorrow I'm going to pick up some clearcoat to finish and protect it.

6194278800_b02f0feb11_z.jpg

6193754277_03b1ac9082_z.jpg

Oh and check out this sticker I just got in the mail today too, haha! I got a little kick out of it.

6193762507_1521bda5bb.jpg

Also I painted the inside of my trunk black so that it looks decent now atleast.

Tomorrow I'm going to be doing some more painting and cleaning on the car, I'll be posting more pictures of progress as I get through them :]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread