Has anyone had this happen to their headlights?

Black Sex

Established Member
I hosed the car off yesterday and happen to notice this

2012-09-14_18-14-33_703.jpg

This side isn't as bad but if you look close you can see it's starting

2012-09-14_18-14-52_521.jpg

The car has 6900 miles on it, it's garaged parked, the lights arent all full of rock chips and neither is the front of the car. I'm going to take it to Ford on monday and see if maybe it is a warranty issue with it being caused by faulty plastic.
If they don't warranty it I think I'm going to look for a set of '13 front headlights. Does anyone know if the '13 lights with mount and plug into an '11? I like the black housing better in the '13 light than the silver housing in mine.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I have an 11 with the same mileage. Headlights still look new.

I would take it in as well. Something's not right.

acobra03

Established Member
LOL...Ford only parking in my garage. Sorry dude, couldn't resist. Did you tint your headlights?

Black Sex

Established Member
I took the car in lastnight and the service manager and they took a few pics and sent them into the warranty dept. at Ford. They called me this morning and said they Ford gave the OK to do the warranty. Parts are ordered and should be here in a few days.

I was actually worried they were going to pull some crap about changing the bulbs (which they did ask me if I had done) or maybe saying it was from road debris.

Proto

EpicProto
Established Member
Stock bulbs, no aftermarket HIDs?

Sent from my huge ass SAMSUNG NOTE using tapatalk 2

Black Sex

Established Member
Stock bulbs to my knowledge. I bought the car with 1300 miles. They look about the same as my buddies '13 Boss

Black Sex

Established Member
I got my lights replaced yesterday. When I signed the warranty invoice I notice the list price of each headlight was $1,180.xx :eek:, and the warranty invoice total was $1,940.xx. Im glad I didn't have to pay for that.

Lastnight on my way home I noticed the fine service tech's at the dealer either don't know how to align headlights or they didn't even try :??:.
Do you think I should take it back and bitch or just do it myself. Right now I'm leaning towrds doing it myself and hammering them on the warranty survey.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
i would just do it yourself, unless you think you are going to scratch or break something on the car, i am pretty sure these are just a screw you turn to adjust them. In their defense, they probably had no dark spots to do that nor even think of trying.

TexasShelby

Established Member
I had the same thing on my 07, the replaced the bezels for about $250 under warranty. That's heat generated, make sure you aren't sitting long periods of time with them on bright.
Also, I never ever touch the plastic with anything other than Prist Plastic Cleaner. Anything for glass will ruin them.

Black Sex

Established Member
I wax them when I do the car. :shrug: The bights on for long periods would make sense. But I can't remeber any times I have drove with brights on for long periods (if you ask me, the brights are nothing special on these cars)

Overboost.

Established Member
My '11 GT had a similar issue. Looked like broken tempered glass, but was on the inside. Dealer replaced them under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread