DIY Ported Eaton: Part 2

Iron Fist

Established Member
Here is the post of my first thread.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480209

Well I took of the blower to open up the outlet a little more to get it to flow easier; to my surprise the welds on the main plate let go. The car only has 1000 kms (620 miles) with the new port and plate.
100_4048edit.jpg

Not too big a deal the plate was still wedged in and I could take it back to the welders to seam weld all joints. However I had a bigger concern, the intercooler was extremely dirty underneath the plated area. (The intercooler was still clear under the port opening) I can only surmise that the air is circulating under the plate and deposits are accumulating.

Here is a shot of the intercooler after I cleaned it with a cloth and a toothbrush, still needs a little more work.
100_4049.jpg

Here is a look at what my port will look like.
100_4051edit.jpg

You can see the geometry of the stock port, shaded area is the current port.

I won't be installing a plate again, too much build up on the intercooler with only 620 miles.

Again, I will post up numbers after I get it tuned.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Hey try this also. The mounting flange for the IC is to large and you can cut it down some. The extra size is not needed at all and I'm sure it was there for tooling and assembly purposes.

Before
spacers004.jpg

After
spacers005.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
Brian, are you sure that the bend on the I/C isn't there as a strengthening rib to reinforce the flange? To me, it looks like that is there to help keep the plate from warping when the bolts are torqued down, but I could be wrong...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Brian, are you sure that the bend on the I/C isn't there as a strengthening rib to reinforce the flange? To me, it looks like that is there to help keep the plate from warping when the bolts are torqued down, but I could be wrong...

Looks to just be something to make sure it's located correctly when it was assembled onto the engine. I didn't see how it was there for strength because it's out past everything in the air. That's mine there and it seems fine also as you can see it's out in the airflow so I cut it off lol.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
looks great I can't wait to see the results also. Did you not cut off any material along side the silencer holes ? I may open up the tip of the new triangle you made. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can open it up more as long as it's not so much that the rotors can start pulling the compressed air back up. I opened mine up more than that but also filled the silencer holes. How's it comming with the blower inlet ?

here's mine
100_0760.jpg

engine5.jpg

engine8.jpg

engine1.jpg

engine3.jpg

engine9.jpg

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
100_4051edit.jpg

do you have a copy of this template (be it cad, jpg, etc)? or are you not letting others copy your design.

Looks awesome, thats the best looking homemade port ive seen. Kinda makes me want to take the blower off one weekend and have at it.

Venom525RWHP

Established Member
Here is the post of my first thread.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=480209

Well I took of the blower to open up the outlet a little more to get it to flow easier; to my surprise the welds on the main plate let go. The car only has 1000 kms (620 miles) with the new port and plate.
100_4048edit.jpg

Not too big a deal the plate was still wedged in and I could take it back to the welders to seam weld all joints. However I had a bigger concern, the intercooler was extremely dirty underneath the plated area. (The intercooler was still clear under the port opening) I can only surmise that the air is circulating under the plate and deposits are accumulating.

Here is a shot of the intercooler after I cleaned it with a cloth and a toothbrush, still needs a little more work.
100_4049.jpg

100_4051edit.jpg

I won't be installing a plate again, too much build up on the intercooler with only 620 miles.

Again, I will post up numbers after I get it tuned.

Looks good! I did not do the plate on mine either. good luck.

Iron Fist

Established Member
Just off the milling machine, this is the original blower from the car (11000 miles) and this is the one I will be installing.

I will open up the front hole on the other blower (the one that had the plate)like this one and probably sell it (20620 miles); bought to trial on just incase I screwed it up.

100_4096.jpg

100_4098.jpg

Iron Fist

Established Member
Well got the car tuned today, bad news is the clutch was slipping during the dyno test; I guess the open track event I went to took its toll on the stock clutch; car made 487HP and 537TQ on a Mustang dyno not bad numbers I guess but I still don't know what the actual numbers are.

I'm going to finish up the other blower and sell it to help pay for a new clutch, going to go with a Spec twin disc.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^Congratulations and obviously it worked. Sorry I haven't seen any of the updates. Let us know what the final numbers are after a new clutch. Also what pulley combo are you running?

You're runnng your ported throttle body and plenum correct?

Iron Fist

Established Member
Yep, running the same throttle body and plenum; only thing that has changed is the new port design and no inner plate. Pulley combo is 2.90/4lb same as before.

And thanks.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Yep, running the same throttle body and plenum; only thing that has changed is the new port design and no inner plate. Pulley combo is 2.90/4lb same as before.

And thanks.

Good luck and one more design that's different. Now that's cool.:beer:

Did you keep the distance from the silencer holes to the edge of the port the same for both sets. As in the front and back the same measurement of wall thickness?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread