Cobra stuck throttle issue

dynobobstieg

Cobra Stuck Throttle Issue

This is a Serious, but not so common problem. I have had this happen on my Dyno twice. I recently saw a post where someone wrecked there Cobra because of what he felt was a stuck throttle. I do not know if this was indeed what happened in his particular case although I do know it could happen.

The cable I am talking about is the one that wraps around the throttle lever. Under a very quick snap of the throttle this cable can climb on the top of the lever causing the throttle to hang-I am posting a Very Simple Preventative Fix.

Use a #55 Drill bit it measures 052

Take a 3/64 Cotter Pin 1 1/4 inches long

Drill hole

Insert Pin over cable

This Fix is something to look at and decide for yourself :

throttle%20pin%20004.jpg

cotterpin%20throttle%20002.jpg

IMG

Jefe

Established Member
I was cleaning the throttle body and noticed how loose the cable is when you let go of it quickly. Good idea!

72 fastback

Established Member
hey steig,i might be who you're refering too.i did wreck my first 03 a couple years ago.i was never sure what happened,throttle,carpet or the accufab or maybe a little of both.totaled the car.thanks for the headsup.

Blk04Snake

Established Member
Thanks for the tip. I'll do mine tomorrow! Even though it's in storage for the winter, gotta be sure it's safe when I get it back out.

KooK

Established Member
My only concern with doing something like this is, you could be taking up some of the slack in the cable that's required for the gas pedal to hit the stop under the dash. I'd get under there, push the throttle all the way and make sure it's hitting. If it's not, you could be causing damage to the throttle body linkage if you push on the gas too hard. Otherwise very nice approach to a very dangerous problem.

Users who are viewing this thread