Chicagoland Tuner?

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
I plan on doing a pulley and dyno tune this spring. Some people have told me that either "Sutton" or "Straightline Performance" are both good. Has anyone used either one or know about either one? and also should I buy and install a wideband before i get the tune? Thanks.

bmxer89

Established Member
Kurgan is were I plan on going to. Isn't he kinda pricey tho?

avmech

Established Member
sutton has done some work on my car and so far am pretty happy with the work. Bob is also a good choice. i personaly have not had work done by straightline but i have seen the work on a few cars and found it lacking. Not bashing them by any means but when you find 2 different kind of header bolts and one of them is rounded out and loose kinda makes me wonder.

IZZy SVT

shoutbox addict
Established Member
I plan on doing a pulley and dyno tune this spring. Some people have told me that either "Sutton" or "Straightline Performance" are both good. Has anyone used either one or know about either one? and also should I buy and install a wideband before i get the tune? Thanks.

Call Kurgan and he will take care of you, he tuned my car when i got pullied last season and I couldnt be happier, he will be tuning my car again when I install my 2.8H KB:banana:

(847) 877-8935

Izzy

tmkr03

Established Member
Kurgan is were I plan on going to. Isn't he kinda pricey tho?

Check out prices they are about the same everywhere.

And you get you pay for. Just because it is cheap does not mean it is good

....................................................................................................................
SIG:
There 3 types of work I do:

If you want it cheap and fast it won't be good.
If you want it cheap and good ,it won't be fast
If you want it good and fast ,it won't be cheap!

Last edited:

raresvt1

Established Member
I would highly recommend Bob Kurgan, He's tuned my car a couple times and is very fair on price. I've heard horror stories of other shop's in ill.

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
I would highly recommend Bob Kurgan, He's tuned my car a couple times and is very fair on price. I've heard horror stories of other shop's in ill.

What shops have you heard bad about in Illinois? The only shop I know of near me supposedly is not very good with these 4V engines. I don't know...just looking for references. lol

Send me a PM if you don't feel like calling out the shops on here!

Users who are viewing this thread