Car dies while driving?

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Well, i thought it was because of the crappy PA perf. alternator which was bad, but it wasnt. I replaced the IAC valve, FRPS, and TPS and it still shuts off while driving and stopping at lights. Anyone have an idea what it might be? Could a tune cause the car to shut off?

Fat-cat

Established Member
Could be any number of things unfortunately. Keep plugging away and see if you have any codes. If you can run the car on the stock tune try that as well. Sounds like it could be a bad ground

03yellow

Established Member
Come off the freeway ramp and come to a stop. See if the RPM go below 400 as your are stopping.
See if the RPMs go down and try to go back to idle....sometimes it makes it back to idle and sometimes it dosent and dies. If it dies because your RPMs drop too low at a stop you have "The Stall" and your car need to be flashed at the dealership for free.

I have lost the stall fix and had to have it reflashed. Also I had my car retuned and somehow the stall fix got left out. Went back to HPP and had it added to the tune for free.

Be careful before your have it flashed:
1. Remove your chip
2. Remove your tune.

If you dont have a chip or tune just take it in!!!

I think you have The Stall very common!

Last edited:

hinds04

Established Member
Having the same problem... only about once every two weeks. I think it started after clearing the tune. Planning to have it dyno tuned early next week so we will see I guess.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How long have you have the current tune and when did you start to notice the stalling? If this is the infamous "stall issue", most custom tunes contain the anti-stall code that Ford flashes to the stock ECU.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
How long have you have the current tune and when did you start to notice the stalling? If this is the infamous "stall issue", most custom tunes contain the anti-stall code that Ford flashes to the stock ECU.

it actually did start happening after i had a new tune on now that you mention it. Ill call up monday and tell him to throw another one on with the Anti stall code.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Do you have a chip or a handheld? When I had a chip in my car it would always do the same thing. After I loaded the same tune off the handheld it was fine. Something to do with the connection between the chip and the computer. Not sure if this is a common problem but is sure was a issue with my car...

doubleblack

Established Member
check your FPDM, do you have an OBD2 scanner, look here for codes:

[ame=http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132555]Car stalled while idling..P1233, P0193 - ModularFords.com[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread