Posi race port, 2.8/4lb pullley tune numbers

hinds04

Established Member
Had my car tuned today at anderson after fixing the o2 sensor problem. Not a real good experience. Something is wrong, the car made 452rwhp/469ftlbs on previous stock eaton and 2.8 upper. Today with race port, 2.8, 4lb lower the car made 470rwhp/495ftlbs.:shrug:

I was told the mafia was not needed because the stock maf is good to 5 volt and i was only at 4.8 volts. The tuner said it should be making way more. boost was reading 17.5lbs. I am completely lost. I need 530/560 at least. Too much money invested for 20 horse gain. I don't know if i have a leak after the maf or what.

I will post dyno sheet tomorrow. Anyone please:fm:

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
WTF, was it missing or anything? I would think 500+hp at least. I hope you get it figured out man.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Hmmmm....wonder what's up with this one. You're not going to hit 530/560, but should be at 500+ RWHP, 520+ RWTQ for sure. Can't see how the stock MAF system could handle that kind of air flow, unless the normal air flow with this setup did not occur for whatever reason.

Need to get that Dyno sheet posted up. Any idea what the peak timing was set at?

mustangtw

Established Member
Yea, something is wrong. This is the second thread today where the stock maf was said to support that setup. I find it very hard to believe 17lbs on a posi port is not pegging a stock maf. Also I didn't see any fuel mods listed in your sig. Are you running upgraded pumps or a bap?

hinds04

Established Member
my sheet only has hp and torque on it, i wanna say i saw max timing on the screen of 17.5, does that sound right?

Last edited:

hinds04

Established Member
still 17.5 lbs should overload the voltage on the stock maf right therefor i should need the mafia that i have. Is a leak in the RAI possible between eaton and maf? I am clueless but something is way wrong

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
I didnt need a Mafia either but Im at a 2.8 upper only on my Posi Port, but it was very close to the max. You should need one with that 4lb lower. Im not from or familiar with anything in the IL area, is the tuner you went to reputable?

hinds04

Established Member
people come from all over the country to go there, they are in mmff all the time, they developed the anderson power pipe and the thyphoon intakes

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
people come from all over the country to go there, they are in mmff all the time, they developed the anderson power pipe and the thyphoon intakes

They're that good that people come from all over to get tuned by them, they're in MMFF all the time, have even developed performance parts, but can't figure out why your car isn't running properly? I would expect them to troubleshoot the problem. That's what my tuner does, he doesn't just leave me hanging to figure it out on my own.:shrug:

hinds04

Established Member
car is running great just not making the power for some reason, they did all they could i believe. Im not 100% sure on that timing but i think thats what i remember i will call tomorrow when i post the dyno sheet. Any thoughts on why its not makin the power

anthony0979

Established Member
That is crazy. Without a port and just a 2.8 I am getting the same numbers as you are with everything. My guy in Amarillo is expecting to get 530rwhp and 560lbs once my port is done with a 4 lbs lower. Hope you get your numbers fixed. Thats sucks.

Satyr

Established Member
Need to know the timing and extent of the tune before any judgment can be made. If your car was reading 17.5 lbs of boost (was this on your gauge or through the tuner) then it isn't going to be an intake leak. Don't know how you're only getting 4.8 volts with those mods...definitely should need a MAF.ia. Find out the timing.

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Can a locked predator (still have it from my gt, but its locked) be used to read codes if I have a SCT flip chip?

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
I bet you would get an error as soon as you hooked it up, It would look at the computer and immediately know that this wasn't who it was married too and stop. (insert tiger/Jesse James joke here)

Users who are viewing this thread