my piece of **** is back on the bottle

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Well I was invited to participate in a private air field rental roll race event last week, Dallas vs. Houston. And being a bottom of the barrel C-Team car in Texas with ~700 wheel i figured i needed something to try and get me a little more power (torque especially) so i could be more competitive with the cars i roll with.
I've had a dry nitrous kit on my car from when i was running a stage 3 port and a 1xx shot (drilled jet, no clue how much nitrous i put through this piece). I was nervous to spray the KB setup since it's spun to 23psi but I stood by my credo that it's either gonna blow or it's gonna go. I met up with my tuner in Dallas during the dyno day and we swapped in a .042 jet (75hp), filled up the tank with E85, and flipped on the bottle warmer. We cleaned up the boost only tune and added another degree of timing to get it to 25* then started the nitrous tune. It only took 3 pulls and the car was dialed in PERFECTLY! Plenty of pump, injector, etc. I thought the car moved on boost only and was perfectly content with it for the 1+ year i've been on E85 but WOW :rockon: :thumbsup: :-D :bowdown: :eek: this damn car lifts the front end up and keeps it there! No longer does it feel like it's being pushed, now I feel like i'm being pulled! I'm off work today so I'll be posting up some vids so ya'll can see how it pulls

Mods:
100% stock long block
2.6 Kenne Bell @ 23psi
Accufab Throttlebody
BBK headers/X-pipe
Bassani Catback
K&N FIPK2 with AirAid synthamax filter
Killer Chiller & LFP dual pass H/E
Dynotune dry nitrous kit (75hp jet .042)
Full Fore fuel system: 3 FGT pumps, Hat, -8 Fragola lines, Aeromotive filter, rails, 80lb injectors

and i roll around on 315 Hoosier Drag Radials to hook the power up

2.jpg

Airaid6.jpg

22374b66.jpg

RedfireSVT

Established Member
tony, how in the hell that thing holds together is beyond me. you got a factory freak!

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
tony, how in the hell that thing holds together is beyond me. you got a factory freak!

you ain't kiddin'!!!!
i put 2 full bottles through it in less than 24hrs and every run was 50-155mph
E85 is amazing....i've got more timing in my nitrous tune than most people have on their blower tunes :rockon:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Is this car gonna hit the track again? I'd like to see what it does mph wise.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
The internet/YouTube is taking FOREVERRRRR...but they're uploading right now. The first vid that will be up is me racing the LMR TT Gallardo :burnout:

stock longblock that awsome... how many miles on your car?

I rolled 35,000 on my drive back to Houston

Is this car gonna hit the track again? I'd like to see what it does mph wise.

Yes, just not sure when with my work schedule....some guys are wanting to go out next friday night to RPR in Baytown. I'll be on my "street setup", full weight & 18" DR's

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
I've always loved your car. Drive it like it was built to be driven. Can't wait to see video of it again. I loved the last vid you posted with the GoPro facing behind!
Hoping it holds together also HAHAHA

SouthernG35

Established Member
Well I was invited to participate in a private air field rental roll race event last week, Dallas vs. Houston. And being a bottom of the barrel C-Team car in Texas with ~700 wheel i figured i needed something to try and get me a little more power (torque especially) so i could be more competitive with the cars i roll with.
I've had a dry nitrous kit on my car from when i was running a stage 3 port and a 1xx shot (drilled jet, no clue how much nitrous i put through this piece). I was nervous to spray the KB setup since it's spun to 23psi but I stood by my credo that it's either gonna blow or it's gonna go. I met up with my tuner in Dallas during the dyno day and we swapped in a .042 jet (75hp), filled up the tank with E85, and flipped on the bottle warmer. We cleaned up the boost only tune and added another degree of timing to get it to 25* then started the nitrous tune. It only took 3 pulls and the car was dialed in PERFECTLY! Plenty of pump, injector, etc. I thought the car moved on boost only and was perfectly content with it for the 1+ year i've been on E85 but WOW :rockon: :thumbsup: :-D :bowdown: :eek: this damn car lifts the front end up and keeps it there! No longer does it feel like it's being pushed, now I feel like i'm being pulled! I'm off work today so I'll be posting up some vids so ya'll can see how it pulls

Mods:
100% stock long block
2.6 Kenne Bell @ 23psi
Accufab Throttlebody
BBK headers/X-pipe
Bassani Catback
K&N FIPK2 with AirAid synthamax filter
Killer Chiller & LFP dual pass H/E
Dynotune dry nitrous kit (75hp jet .042)
Full Fore fuel system: 3 FGT pumps, Hat, -8 Fragola lines, Aeromotive filter, rails, 80lb injectors

and i roll around on 315 Hoosier Drag Radials to hook the power up

2.jpg

Airaid6.jpg

22374b66.jpg

What are the specs on your current tire setup? I am in the market for a new set of rears. My 295 KDWII just smoke through third. I was thinking of going the Hoosier route, what are your thoughts on them?

Users who are viewing this thread