04 Mach 1 Engine noise

Blue04Mach1

Established Member
check your timing chain tensioners and i would pull the pans if you don't find a messed up tensioners. kinds sounds like rod knock but could be chain slack also.
I'm pulling the engine this weekend and once I start the tear down I will let you know what I find.

Blue04Mach1

Established Member
Hey everyone. Just an update on what the noise was. The number 5 bearing was pretty much worn away. I found lots of metal in the oil pan and the rod was supper loose on the crank. I'll post the video so you can see.

Take Care

texas_snake

Established Member
I want to add a video link to another Mach 1 owner with a very similar sound - but fixable by just removing the oil pan. The issue surprised me and seems an easy fix (some others might have more damage if this happens). I was shocked this could happen and still wondering what the deal is with the pan (total WTF issue).

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Yea it does suck. I measured the crank today and its beyond repair. Block seems fine though.

I'm living on Vancouver island . How about you?

In another thread someone was saying they were having difficulty finding a Mach1 crankshaft. Hopefully you'll have better luck.

texas_snake

Established Member
So this car is not mine. Just a video I saw while doing some Mach 1 web surfing and thought someone who see this thread may have a similar issue. But I am also wondering how this came up. My guess is that the car may have hit the pan going over a speed bump or something because it is lowered. But I don't get the purpose of those bars in the pan. Perhaps someone knows. Totally crazy.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
How would it hit the pan? The K member would have to hit first.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

texas_snake

Established Member
He-he. Good point, I should have looked. So then still no idea how this would happen to him. Crazy. Hopefully never happens to another owner.

Users who are viewing this thread