04 stock lightning feels very sluggish

WhippledSS

Picked up 04 DSG lightning 100k miles stock Eaton like from the factory and when you get on it feels slow but when you do low gears like 1st 2st truck starts Flying down the road could it be a bad tune or something clogged up or maybe tuned for low gears the truck was tuned by johnny lightning and I assume he knows his stuff and am not to mechanically inclined so that doesn't help either lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
If it were me Id stop going WOT until you go through it. Id have the basic maintenance done in the guide in this section (check/clean intercooler, fresh plugs, fresh fuel filter). Id also make sure the intercooler pump is working, if its not itll pull timing and run like a dog. Once youve done all that throw it on a dyno with a/f readout and make sure everything looks good.

WhippledSS

If it were me Id stop going WOT until you go through it. Id have the basic maintenance done in the guide in this section (check/clean intercooler, fresh plugs, fresh fuel filter). Id also make sure the intercooler pump is working, if its not itll pull timing and run like a dog. Once youve done all that throw it on a dyno with a/f readout and make sure everything looks good.
Its parked until we figure out what's what driving normal its fine am in Maryland and rev auto is like 20 minutes away Adam brown is a really good tuner and has done work on my friends Fords and they run awesome probably going to have him look over everything also I heard 5.4s have a plug problem where the plugs pop out of the head should I be worry about encountering that down the line

Sent from my SM-N900V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Torque the plugs properly, I'd probably check them once a year or so (my truck was modded so I changed them once a year just because.) Yours is an 04 though so i thought those should have 9 thread heads in which case it's much less likely to happen

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Stock upper and lower pulley? I wonder if the previous owner may of put stock stuff back on but never reverted tune to stock? Or the tune is stock, but has a pulley on it? Double check the tune/pulley.

But yea, at 100k, time for a plug change and yank the intercooler out to clean it. My intercooler was filthy at 85k miles.

As long as the plugs are torqued correctly, there should be no issues with spitting plugs.

The stock intercooler pumps are notorious for going out. Mine used to die every 40k-50k miles. Really easy to swap out.

Users who are viewing this thread