1964 Ferrari 250 GTO

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
1964 Ferrari 250 GTO (replica)
aka the Fauxrrari​

One of my clients picked up this cool little addition to his collection. It’s a neat car! It’s based off of a Datsun 280Z and is powered by a Chevy LS1 V8 and T56 trans. Very quick, light, little car!

He just received it back from the body/paint shop and it was in dire need of some attention. I had a short window of time to work on it—he promised his wife a New Year’s Day cruise/ride in it!

The finish was in deplorable condition—I had no idea that Stevie Wonder worked at his body shop! Heavy areas of clear build up, a metric ton of sanding scratches, dull areas, check marks, scratches, swirls, holograms, again, you name it, it probably had it. It really needed to be wet sanded to achieve a great finish.

My goal was to reduce the amount of defects as well as amp up the gloss/shine.

The vehicle was Rinseless washed with Adam’s Rinseless wash. It was clayed with a Griot’s medium mitt and then Meg’s heavy clay. Dodo born slippery was the lube of choice.

The Flex 3401 was used on this because I needed a heavy hitter. The Rupes 3”, iBrid and Griot’s 6” were also used. Misc MF and foam pads were used. Paint readings were taken via DeFelsko.

I tried numerous test spots with various combinations and decided to go old school. M105/205, aka the dynamic duo. I used M101 and MF pads on some areas that really needed some heavy duty attention. I used Meg’s crimson foam cutting disks and yellow polishing disks as my main pads.

Wolfgang Fuzion was the LSP chosen for this Fauxrrari.

McKee’s 37 metal polish was used for the aluminum pieces that needed to be shined up. Adam’s APC was used for any areas that needed to be cleaned of any color sanding ‘trails’/etc. Blackfire glass cleaner was used on the glass including the Lexan rear window.

SCG Pro tire dressing was used on the tires. Adam’s In & Out spray was used in the engine bay and trunk areas to dress the hard to reach areas.

Thanks for looking, this was a fun project!

DSCN9693-X2.jpg

DSCN9692-X2.jpg

DSCN9694-X2.jpg

DSCN9695-X2.jpg

DSCN9696-X2.jpg

DSCN9697-X2.jpg

DSCN9698-X2.jpg

DSCN9699-X2.jpg

DSCN9700-X2.jpg

DSCN9703-X2.jpg

DSCN9704-X2.jpg

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Nice work that thing is sick. Really cleaned up nice.

I have to ask though...Mustang pedals?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would love to have seen the owner's face and reaction when he picked up his GTO. Another awesome detailing job!!

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I like replicas of cars I could never afford to own...or that are too rare to risk driving. Not as pretty as the real thing...but still gorgeous! I bet it's a hoot to drive!

Users who are viewing this thread