1995 R fuel cell option #2

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Is there any possible way I can convince you to give me a ride?!

No problem.

You are aware of the local cars and coffee thing on the first Sunday morning of every month? It's off Windward Pkwy and Hwy 400?

http://www.weekendcars.net/caffeine-and-octane-atlanta-ga-june-2014/

The Cobra R rotates with another car. The next Sunday morning is next weekend (July 6). There will be 450+ cars there. There is no charge to show a car or attend it. It's a big event. We just hang out and talk.

Fair Warning: The police will be out there and on Hwy 400. You will need to slow down here.

There are a few secret north GA cruises after the show. :-D

blubyu90

Established Member
No problem.

You are aware of the local cars and coffee thing on the first Sunday morning of every month? It's off Windward Pkwy and Hwy 400?

I actually try to go every so often and will actually be there this Sunday. I have never known about the secret (I know it's a secret haha) cruises though. You definitely don't have to give me a ride, but I would like to check out the car and say hello.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Hell no, definitely not a LEO.

We will decide the route during the car show and leave together. We will stop at the burger place at Hwy 400 and Dawsonville (Bill Elliot is from here, who just got into The Hall of Fame) for lunch. Some will go home, and the rest of us will take the Six Gap route as shown above.

The roads on Hwy 129 and Hwy 60 are very difficult coming south out of the mountains.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I've never seen so many Mustangs at the show (not sure who organized this?).

http://www.caffeineandoctane.com/

We had a nice ride until the guy in charge took Hwy 60 to Suches. :uh oh:

Here:
SixGapRG.gif

Hwy 60 is a narrow mountain road with sharp turns (and no guard rails). It didn't work. A guy in front of me got a little too fast and spun backwards into a tree (which was good since it's a long way down this hill).

I was the only guy to stop and help him. I called a tow truck, but the cops arrived before I could get him home.
He got a ticket for going off-road (aka, hitting a tree on Federal property). ;-)

The tow truck took him home, and it seemed that his wife was not very happy with his situation. ;-)

My car was great.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I was just thinking how much I enjoyed the S197 (just not as fast as a 1995 Cobra R).

The 2007 Mustang GT was great. I loved the wheels, and it would get it done.
07Mustang4.jpg

The Brembo brake 3:73 4.6 was much better. It was fun in the mountains as shown here:
2010GT018.jpg

Then Ford came out with the 5.0L (Brembo; 3:73). It was really fast. The wide open throttle from 1st to 5th (6th was OD) was great. It was faster than my race car (but not legal in vintage racing):
2011Mustang-1.jpg

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member

It was the same thing this morning.

The outside temps were good. It completed the early Sunday morning cruise perfectly.

Next weekend, I will back to a 1965 Mustang in the VDCA race at Road Atlanta. I've rented a spot in a Motor Coach for sleeping arrangements. It's too damn hot here to sleep in my trailer. :)

I see Mark H. is entered in his '65 GT350R as well as another GT350R. I see those Porsche RSR cars with their pro Grand-Am drivers :rollseyes . I am not scared of any of them.

Tim (a 93R guy) and I are ready for them in our 1965 Mustangs. Here we are at the Mitty:
Mitty2014.gif

Those pro Grand-Am drivers were born after Tim and I started racing cars. We'll kick their butt.

95R131

Established Member
The swap was pretty easy. Ordered all new harness, pump, and filter from American Muscle and glad I freshened them up.

I would again warn you that the tanks do NOT have the proper indent on the drivers side, so they don't naturally fit. No one can determine how that happened at Glenn's. That said, I just put some extra padding on the floor brace and tightened it down. The tank fits crooked now (it is lower on the drivers side since it can not go up all the way). I'm planning on putting a small wedge between the tank and the floor on the passenger side to even it out. The only effect is aesthetics, so if you're not anal about it you'll be fine. If you are, like me, its an easy fix. The other option is to have a new strap made OR ask Glenn to make that cut out before he sends it to you. He offered to correct mine but I didn't catch it until after powder coating.

By the way...I drove the R to Charlotte from MN for the 50th and got track time with it. What a hoot! Drove the Dragon's Tail in NC mountains on the way back as well. Fantastic once in a life time event for us.

I noticed several of you are having issues with not having this notch on your fuel cells from Glenns? I was looking at my fuel cell today and noticed that my original 95 R fuel cell does not have that notch either. Were some of these tanks made differently then others? This could be why that notch is not there in Glenns tanks, maybe the sample sent to him was the same as mine?

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
As you know.... Not if it will leak, but when.... I'm waiting for the 00 to go now. Hopefully a few more years....

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I soooo wish Rob.

Tom

^^^I know what you are saying. When my 95R started the "dreaded drip", and fuel smelled the garage, I was hoping it was the lawn mower, but then reality set in and it was $1600+ back then.................

Now it is over $2000? I wonder how long the unique emissions compliant/oem install 95R and 00R bladders will be available?

R

Users who are viewing this thread