2 6r80 in 2 months, wth is wrong?

droidman86

Established Member
My 6r80 gave up on me first time about 2 months ago, started slipping, burned all clutches.

So I decided to buy the exedy stage 2 clutch pack with intermediate shaft and have it installed.

Everything seemed well for a few weeks, no problem until yesterday. Car runs fine for like 15-30 secs and suddenly stops moving, engine revs but car does not move as if it was in neutral.

My question is, could this be a overheating issue? Anyone have experience a similar problem? Mods below...

basspro302

Established Member
So the car wont move at all? Or does it move then slip? I would check and see if the drive shaft is spinning it could be a broken axle or differential. It could be many things inside the trans if it is a trans problem. Will it go in reverse? Do you have any other gears that it will move in try the select shift.

droidman86

Established Member
won't move in any gear, it does when you turn on the car but after driving 30-60 seconds it just stops. This same thing happened the first time transmission broke.

I just don't understand why again after 2 months of having the tranny rebuilt.

basspro302

Established Member
take it back to whoever rebuilt it. It sucks im surprised that you have that many issues with the 6r80

Users who are viewing this thread