2.93 vs. 2.76

What pulley would you with?

Votes: 75 23.4%

Votes: 246 76.6%

• Total voters

LS1_KILLA

Banned
I have installed a BF 2.93.. Gonne tune it next tuesday.. I have a 2.76 ring too.. How much more performance would the 2.76 over the 2.93.. I'm debating on throwing the 2.76 on there.. Car has JLT RAI, Accufar Single Blade T/B, Accufab plenum, Billetflow IRS Brace, Bassani X, Borla Stinger Cat Back... I have the aux idler, and 4 piece idler kit too.. What do you guys think..

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
2.76" FTW. I love mine. to death. The only issue is belt slip, which I have never experienced and I only have the auxiliary idler. You would be fine. When it comes time for a lower, the put the 2.93" ring on there.

MikeW

Established Member
You may not pick up much RWHP with the 2.76 but you will get 30 or so RWTQ....

I had the 2.93 1st and then the 2.76... Starting over i would skip the 2.93 and go stright 2.76. Although with a 2.76 you may get close to pegging your maf in cold air.

04CobraMatt

Established Member
As mentioned if your doing an upper only go straight to the 2.76. Save the 2.93 for when you throw a lower pully on.

I went from stock to 2.76, from what i read around here, the difference between the two is obvious.

Last edited:

Vsix

Established Member
I bought both pulleys also still waiting on them to come in :coolman:

AaronK

Established Member
Um, I run a 2.8... :shrug: I voted 2.76 becuase they're almost the same thing...

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
I vote 2.76. if you ever decide to step up and get a lower then i say 2.93. i run a 2.93/4# and love it. my buddies all run the 2.76 and their power numbers are good. the difference could be 20-30+rwhp over the 2.93. you already have the ring and a dyno appt. so just do it!

LS1_KILLA

Banned
question.. I have a mail order tune on my predator, and its for a 2.93.. would it be safe to drive with the 2.76 on with my 2.93 tune?... My tuner is a couple hours away

MikeW

Established Member
question.. I have a mail order tune on my predator, and its for a 2.93.. would it be safe to drive with the 2.76 on with my 2.93 tune?... My tuner is a couple hours away

As long as your Maf_transfer_function was dialed in and you are not pegging your maf you should be fine. Do you have a predator or xcal2 to datalog MAf-v with?

MikeW

Established Member
i have a predator.. i dont know nothing about dataloggin with it?

Plug it in like you are going to load a tune... read the instructions for the datalogging function. Should not be hard to do ... I have not had a predator in years so I forget where it is. You will log TPS, RPM, MAF-V ... if your Maf gets close to or hits 5Volts your maf is pegged.

Call your tuner and ask them but again if they had your maf set up properly then the smaller pulley wont make a difference unless you peg your maf.

Seems like I ran a 2.76 with out a maf upgrade... so you may be fine.

Where in the country are you? High Altitude can make a difference too.

LS1_KILLA

Banned
Plug it in like you are going to load a tune... read the instructions for the datalogging function. Should not be hard to do ... I have not had a predator in years so I forget where it is. You will log TPS, RPM, MAF-V ... if your Maf gets close to or hits 5Volts your maf is pegged.

Call your tuner and ask them but again if they had your maf set up properly then the smaller pulley wont make a difference unless you peg your maf.

Seems like I ran a 2.76 with out a maf upgrade... so you may be fine.

Where in the country are you? High Altitude can make a difference too.

Kentucky

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I have a 2.76 and aux idler and my MAF was at 4.5 volts max. Any more mods and I'd need the mafia atleast. I'd get one just to be on the safe side....I didn't :(

CobraRyan

Banned
I ran my 2.75 with an aux idler and i didnt get any noticable belt slip on the street. It made 460/475 with no fuel mods. I didnt need the mafia untill i went ported.

I say put the 2.93 on there. Less heat, lower IAT2s and I bet you'll enjoy the consistent performance. I run a 2.8 upper on my stock Eaton and it starts to perform like a dog after about 45min of driving. You have a few exhaust mods and a T/B so you're going to see some nice numbers. Report back on your 2.93 numbers. Thats the way to go.

I'll be sticking with a 2.93 upper when I port my blower.

Users who are viewing this thread