2.93 vs. 2.76

What pulley would you with?

Votes: 75 23.4%

Votes: 246 76.6%

• Total voters

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
Kens the man..he'll get your car running at the top running condition with either pulley you decide on.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I say put the 2.93 on there. Less heat, lower IAT2s and I bet you'll enjoy the consistent performance. I run a 2.8 upper on my stock Eaton and it starts to perform like a dog after about 45min of driving. You have a few exhaust mods and a T/B so you're going to see some nice numbers. Report back on your 2.93 numbers. Thats the way to go.

I'll be sticking with a 2.93 upper when I port my blower.

Unless you're in boost for that 45 minutes your car shouldn't be "performing like a dog". While driving around the pulley combo doesn't affect how hot the blower gets, only if you're in boost will the IC temps go up. This whole "heatsoak" bs about a pulley combo that spins the blower to another few hundred blower rpms is just another SVTP myth. Take it from the guy that's had a 2.90, 2.75, 2.75/2lb, and 2.75/4lb on his car, not the guy who's only run that pulley combo because he was scared by the myths he read; heatsoak won't be an issue. Even when I've done back to back runs three, four, even five times on the highway at Musang Week I've never had heatsoak.

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
I say put the 2.93 on there. Less heat, lower IAT2s and I bet you'll enjoy the consistent performance. I run a 2.8 upper on my stock Eaton and it starts to perform like a dog after about 45min of driving. You have a few exhaust mods and a T/B so you're going to see some nice numbers. Report back on your 2.93 numbers. Thats the way to go.

I'll be sticking with a 2.93 upper when I port my blower.

I doubt a 2.93 will help if you are experiencing what you say is heat soak. The port will be the thing to help with that and lower your iats. the step down from a 2.93 from the 2.8 is minimal and a waste of money. i run the 2.93/4# un-ported and i have no issues. i can drive a good bit and not really notice a loss of power. is your intercooler pump going out? The 2.8 is a popular mod and i dont really know any one else that experiencees what you do describe from driving around. this is even after hot rodding and getting on it.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
2.76 and don't look back dude . . . get the billetflow non slip pulley if u do . . . and get ken to hook u up . . . I made 474 and 486 with the 2.76 upper only setup with supporting intake and exhaust mods . . . :rockon:

Jroc

Established Member

Why because I own one and I'm byiest and I made some exceptional #'s with a 2.93 on a unported blower and I have no intention of changing it as the next power mod I make will probably have a 3" pulley on the blower.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
I had a 2.76/stock lower, now I have a 2.93/4# lower. I'd say get the Billetflow hub and both rings. Get tuned for the 2.76 then when you get bored of that go 2.93/4# lower. :)

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
I decided to go with the 2.93 for a couple reasons. I have seen people not max out their MAF on a 2.76 in warm weather , then drive it in the winter and max it out. Which can be fixed of course with a maf extender. But also figure the lower IAT2’s and less heat soak would be a benefit also less chance of belt slippage. Now I haven’t ever had a 2.76 so I maybe I would like it better if I tried it. But compared to stock , the 2.93 is a night and day difference and with the 2.93 already have major traction problems. So I am very happy with the power.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
it will if u get 4 idlers :beer:

Not it won't, the extra idlers place no extra belt surface on the blower pulley. Only the aux. idler wraps the belt around the blower pulley more. The aftermarket idlers are simply a replacement for the factory ones that occasionally have been known to shatter.

rexisme

Established Member
Has anyone said...............SEARCH
this has been debated at least 10 mfin' times

STFU... its an internet forum the point is to post. If everyone searched then it would give trolls like you nothing to do. There wouldnt be anyone for you to tell to search and try to make yourself seem all mighty and prestigous.

Users who are viewing this thread