2000 Cobra R Shakedown Track Testing

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
Had the chance to go with my buddy to the track and film the R :) I love that car. Thought you guys might enjoy! So new engine is in, it its a 5.8L and made 462hp at the wheels. The car is a monster piloted by a wizard at the wheel @ac427cobra

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OMG, the sound of the that motor gives me goosebumps! My favorite Mustang of all time, as well. I had to wince, though, seeing such a rare Mustang wide open as a light rain peppers the windshield. Kyle, I know your buddy is a seasoned driver, but did it make you nervous at all?

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
Still my favorite of his cars. And OMG the sound......
Agreed my favorite as well.
OMG, the sound of the that motor gives me goosebumps! My favorite Mustang of all time, as well. I had to wince, though, seeing such a rare Mustang wide open as a light rain peppers the windshield. Kyle, I know your buddy is a seasoned driver, but did it make you nervous at all?
Not really, the rain seemed worse on track in the video. It was more of a drizzle. Also he wasn't even pushing the car at all. Can't wait to make a video at RA in the dry tho :) that will be a good video

Double0fox

2 extra cylinders
Established Member
OMG I loved this. After I had the Viper paid off, I really considered looking at a R. They are obtainable (although not a baller here), but I feel like I would be afraid to take it anywhere. There is one that makes out local Cars & Coffee once in a while, and I just sit and stare at it every time it's there. While not the "top dog Mustang" anymore it is still pretty much one of, if not my favorite Mustang of all time. Might be it came out while I was in High School at the point when I was just really getting into cars, plus the fact that not much else really was a "race"car for the road at the time, but I love it. Thanks for posting this.

Users who are viewing this thread