sonichedgehog

Established Member
Hello to you all! I have been using this forum for quite some time, and it has been of much help to me. I finally picked up a Terminator this memorial day!(#canyouhearthebaldeaglesscream?)
The car has basic bolt on's: Pulley, tune, exhaust, ect. Making about 460/480 to the wheels. I am loving it so far, I work around cars all day and I feel I made the right choice over a coyote car.
Recently I have been trying to decide on a new set of rear tires. The car has 555's right now and they don't hook for Sh**! I only drive the car in fair weather 2-3 days a week. The only rain it drives in is accidental. I am having a very hard time deciding between the Nitto NT05 and the Toyo R888R. I want something that will hook up but also not compromise my handling. Any one have any input?
IMG_2029.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTP! Congratulations on buying a 2003 Cobra. Nice base mods!

The Nitto 555 is a great street drag radial, especially at your power level, so I'm surprised you're not liking them. How many miles on the tires?

HausCobra

Established Member

The Nitto 555 is a great street drag radial, especially at your power level, so I'm surprised you're not liking them. How many miles on the tires?

Do u have the 555R or just 555. I remember when I had my 420rwhp cobra back in the day the 555R’s hooked great as well

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

sonichedgehog

Established Member

The 555's I have are the street tire, I do not have the 555r (radial.) These tires are close to the warning bar which explains why they don't want to hook up. Even full tread though, I don't think the regular 555's would do the job. Maybe the 555r

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Welcome to the forums. Car looks great. Your paint looks deep enough to swim in.

My last tire was the 555r and I enjoyed them. I was at your power level maybe a little less.

Users who are viewing this thread