35 spline diff

gt5008

Established Member
Very good 8.8 build. What options or parts did you go with on the 9"?
I'm assuming I'll eventually have a 9" swap and just wanted to see what Strange recommends.
-J
I went with 35 splines and spool 3:70 gear. I am also swapping in a built 4l80e.

Beercules

Established Member
with 700 whp thats low 10's high 9's. 31 splines and an eaton posi/tru trac or whatever is all u will ever need unless u plan on going deep into the 8's which pretty much no one ever does ever in their lifetime!

my car made probably 20 mid 9 second passes off the transbrake going 146-147 mph with STOCK axels, a STOCK rear end and a STOCK driveshaft!

Its all upgraded now but only cause I make a lot more power now. and u don't need slicks. MT Radial Pro's is all u need. they have gone deep into the 6's at 250 mph.

That's with an auto transmission, the sudden shock of a clutch (like the gt500) can/ most likely will bend weak (31 spline) axles. Axle hop can also bend axles.

paluka21

Established Member
That's with an auto transmission, the sudden shock of a clutch (like the gt500) can/ most likely will bend weak (31 spline) axles. Axle hop can also bend axles.

That is correct. There are some with 700rwhp that can't get out of the 11's because of how difficult it is to launch a heavy car like the GT500 and control wheel spin/torque enough that the car doesn't bog.

Users who are viewing this thread