94 Cobra + 07 GT500= ???

fastferndog

Established Member
Well guys it's official........
But first a small background on my Cobra....
I bought it back in 2/14/01 shortly before my first Son was born 7/4/01!!
I had been looking for about 4 months!! All the ones I found where literally beaten to DEATH!!!
Shortly after the usual mods began, heads, cam, headers, rims. 175 hp nitrous, drag radials, clutch, etc....then I sold the nitrous and installed a Procharger
And daily drove it for 4 years. One day on my way to work, a freak storm/rain...whatever came down and I hydroplaned and ended up with a busted rim, fender and some suspension damage. One thing after another turned into a COMPLETE REPAINT!! 2 days after taking my car home, just as I arrived to work, the bottom end let go. I built a fairly stout 347 with forged internals, repaired the head and polished or painted everything I could at the time. To tune it I took advise of a good friend with a similar build and bought and installed an AEM EMS and ditched the MAF sensor and went with a 3.5 BAR MAP sensor.
After a year of working on it when it was all said and done it pumped out 480hp and 462 TQ with 8 psi!! I ended up getting carried away and had a 6 point Roll bar. WORST THING EVER! At least for a daily. So the car has been pretty much only made it to a few car shows here and there. I've only driven it for almost 1500 miles since being built. Now the combo is old, gaskets starting to leak. So out it must come out regardless. By now I have added the Maximum Motorsports catalogue I the rear and had the front ready. I just came across a deal I could not refuse.... And I didn't....
I bought a totaled 07 GT500 complete, and running. The body and frame are useless. But the engine,Trans , and diff.... Untouched!! Pullied,and reprogrammed, with carbon fiber JLT intake, Dynoed at 574HP
So now these two will be coming together to make ONE modern, and more capable, powerful COBRA!! I've heard of several people attempting this with theirs, I haven't been able to find any pictures or documentation so I guess I might be the first..... Stay tuned.... Many pictures to come.
Comments are welcome but let's keep this positive. I love my SN95 COBRA and I will try my best to honor this model... Thank you and wish me luck...

fastferndog

Established Member
2011-07-14_20-47-51_903.jpg

Here is what it used to look like. I just sold the blower and took it off last week

fastferndog

Established Member
I'll snap some complete pictures of the donor GT500.
I'll snap some of the suspension that is going in for now.
I ordered the new motor mounts and bolts, just waiting on bolts.
I'm planing on keeping the TR6060, all that is needed to fit is a modified shifter, and it should go in. I already have a McLeod hydraulic clutch which I'm hoping it can adapt easily,
But I'll cross that bridge later.

CobraHuck

Established Member
Haha you definitely need to save and display that liquor bottle with the car! Gonna be an awesome build for sure, can't wait to watch the progress!

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Are you selling any parts out of her? I may be interested depending on what you have :)

Looks like it's going to be a sick build!

fastferndog

Established Member
Are you selling any parts out of her? I may be interested depending on what you have :)

Actually I am, The 347 is coming out and I also forgot to mention that it has a G-Force T5! So everything from radiator, to trans will be up for sale, since I will be using any of it. I also have a brand New MM K member that I was going to use. So any way, send me a pm if you're interested in any of it.

Looks like it's going to be a sick build!
Yes I agree! I'm very exited and have been loosing sleep over how the best way to do it! I'll have my friend come by with his SLR to take better quality ones.

Users who are viewing this thread