AC'd the garage/shop!!!

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
I should've done this years ago!!! Damn! What a huge difference this makes. It's been balls hot and humid for the past few months and I just melt while doing a job.

Installed a TRANE 1.5 ton mini-split system. Now I'm working in 77 (it'll pull down to around 65 degrees during the heat of the day) degrees and practically no humidity all weekend long! WOW!!!

Blew in some insulation in the attic space above to help with the heat/keeping he cool in and my doors are already insulated. I'm good to go!

^^The inside unit

hoamskilet

Established Member
how much did that set you back? I got a little window a.c. unit from my sister that she wasn't using. it'll only get the garage down to about 80 during the summer, but man does it make all the difference in the world just getting some of the humidity out of the garage

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
3500 man. Worth every penny IMO. Garage is around 800 sq ft if I remember.

If your window unit works save your cash! Humidity is the killer and I'd work all day at 80 w/low humidity.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's awesome for you, Nate. I'm just about to take my Edge to my detailer in about an hour. He doesn't have as large an A/C unit as you do, but like you and hoamskilet said, it's the humidity that makes working in a garage/bay brutal. You're going to continue to LOVE the addition! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread