Added a Mystichrome to the Stable!

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Looks nice man! Idk if I like these or the series 3 better which is what I have (the s1 wasn't an option when I ordered mine) but nothing beats ccw classics. I just wonder how long before mine flake BC I get a lot of brake dust. Wipe the wheels every drive and get plenty of black each time although I haven't been able to drive it much lately. Its got new high end pads the po did and I don't like all the dust. Its a street queen for me but it would be nice knowing any issue would just polish out. Hard to justify the cost. Good looking wheels!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I'm still unsure on these. They look damn good from some angles and kinda weird from others.

Eventually I'll get some high end wheels.. I kinda like the TF Mach 5s and the CCW SP500...

But we'll see. I wont be dropping that kind of money on wheels for a while.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Finally had the chance to get on the dyno yesterday to see what she is capable of.

Overall I'm thrilled with the car. It pulled strong and it made a little more than I was expecting.

Like mentioned before the heat is killing me.

I went in with a 3.25 upper and 2lb lower.

Best pull was 727/665 @17* and 22lbs.

It was about 100* in the garage.

I plan to put a 3.5 upper on and possibly get a rear mount IC tank to help with the IAT2s.

The car is a monster and I'm in love!

(calibrated to read 4psi low)
b225ac7acedde5651e34eff310deb7cd.jpg
15813b7d8dcf9938ef0c6358a7988d87.jpg
aea68fd889a5a36fe8c7095be9d54a09.jpg
1f66bf88ad45f17a62a3e96d0afa36e6.jpg
2a0402f70b232d35e94826660358b597.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I was about to ask if you were on E but saw the picture of the yellow gas pump handle :) Looks great man! What all is done to the engine again? Sorry I don't feel like scrolling through 9 pages of info trying to find it lol

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Finally had the chance to get on the dyno yesterday to see what she is capable of.

Overall I'm thrilled with the car. It pulled strong and it made a little more than I was expecting.

Like mentioned before the heat is killing me.

I went in with a 3.25 upper and 2lb lower.

Best pull was 727/665 @17* and 22lbs.

It was about 100* in the garage.

I plan to put a 3.5 upper on and possibly get a rear mount IC tank to help with the IAT2s.

The car is a monster and I'm in love!

(calibrated to read 4psi low)
b225ac7acedde5651e34eff310deb7cd.jpg
15813b7d8dcf9938ef0c6358a7988d87.jpg
aea68fd889a5a36fe8c7095be9d54a09.jpg
1f66bf88ad45f17a62a3e96d0afa36e6.jpg
2a0402f70b232d35e94826660358b597.jpg

NICE! Enjoy the new power!

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
already going under the knife..

I've decide to copy Malcolm and do the GT500 heat exchanger and the j2 fab trunk mount stuff.

After that I'll work with Kevin again to get it squared away.

94slowbra1

Established Member

I've decide to copy Malcolm and do the GT500 heat exchanger and the j2 fab trunk mount stuff.

thats my plan. im like you right now, same basic set up and im seeing iat2s higher than i would like. after reading malcolms post with the gt500 set up and speaking with justin about his cooling mods its seems like the best way to go. ive said from the beginning i want the most efficient set up i can have, this seems to be the answer.
have you ordered all the stuff already? curious to hear your feedback. i wont be making the switch till next summer probably, fall winter and spring are when i get to actually enjoy the car. summer is my down time. looking forward to your progress!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

What max IAT2 temps are you seeing? Are they 150 plus just cruising around....or is it only elevating high after WOT?

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Cruising isn't bad.. I'm around 110-120 depending on the day with the KC on. During WOT it climbs very quickly to high 130 sometimes 140 and pulls timing like crazy once its soaked.

I don't drive it crazy, but I don't want to be afraid of pushing 22lb either..

I haven't bought anything yet. In discussions with Justin now. Trying to sell my KC and True forged tanks to fund the new set up... It'll be sad to see those tanks go. lol

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
thats my plan. im like you right now, same basic set up and im seeing iat2s higher than i would like. after reading malcolms post with the gt500 set up and speaking with justin about his cooling mods its seems like the best way to go. ive said from the beginning i want the most efficient set up i can have, this seems to be the answer.
have you ordered all the stuff already? curious to hear your feedback. i wont be making the switch till next summer probably, fall winter and spring are when i get to actually enjoy the car. summer is my down time. looking forward to your progress!

I know, I reallllllyyyyy don't want to put it back down because its going to be cooling off down here soon. but once I get my stuff sold it shouldn't take that long to get back up and running.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Cruising isn't bad.. I'm around 110-120 depending on the day with the KC on. During WOT it climbs very quickly to high 130 sometimes 140 and pulls timing like crazy once its soaked.

I haven't bought anything yet. In discussions with Justin now. Trying to sell my KC and True forged tanks to fund the new set up... It'll be sad to see those tanks go. lol

Thats not that high at all! There's no way the E85 tune is pulling timing at high 130/140.....hell its probably not pulling timing until way north of 150, like 170+. Now the pump gas tune, thats another story. It probably is pulling fractional amounts of timing high 130s....then massive amounts by 150

Definitely do what you can to improve the cooling....but there's no way 140 on the E85 tune is "alarming". I cruise around with 140 IAT2s and when I punch it it still roasts tires for a looooooong ways lol

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Hmm.. I'll have to do some more datalogging. I don't really understand the relation between high temps and when it pulls timing. That's just what the guy doing the dyno was saying.

I'll post some logs on here when I get a chance.

I just let it idle for about 5 minutes and the Ic fluid was only 80*. I thought it was supposed to be around 44.

I'll have to look into that aswell

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
After sitting and thinking about it last night I've decided to wait until next summer to switch set ups. Like 94slow1 said, down here winter is time to drive these cars.

So I'll enjoy it as is until late spring next year.

Ea Ruiz

Established Member

You still have the tanks for sale ? I know is almost a year after but gotta try

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread