Another Build Thread

deepblue13

Established Member
Getting closer...motor assembly coming together. All the pieces painted black. The AN fuel lines will be black with red fittings as well as the catch can lines and fittings.
Engine Assembly.JPG
Engine Assembly 2.JPG

Painted the Moroso coolant tank
Painted Coolant Tank.JPG

Bump Stop Relocation
Painted Bump Stop Reloc.JPG

The last few items will be at the shop on Monday and final assembly should take a few days. I hope to have the dyno session at the end of next week.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Pump E85 on that build? It deserves some good ignite E98 or FTW clear.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
C85 and FTW purple is where it's at. I like ignite 114 but I've been told by a lot of people C85 will make the same power of not a little more and is much more consistent.

E98 and FTW clear is the next level up from C85 and purple. Don't plan on the starting the car in the winter on those though, lol.

E55rocket

Established Member
E98 and FTW clear is the next level up from C85 and purple. Don't plan on the starting the car in the winter on those though, lol.

I was told by Chris Miller last summer that the purple would be a better fit for supercharged cars like ours and the clear is much better for turbo all out performance cars. I asked what the power difference he thought would be on my setup at 1250-1350hp and he said maybe 20-30 but your using a lot more fuel to get there over FTW purple. Regular E98 won't make as much power as the purple. I've been there and done that as well as friends also and like you said starting on E98 if it's even close to cold ain't gonna happen unless you've got a very good battery.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
He would know better than me considering he makes it. I'm more familiar with turbo stuff though, everyone I know goes straight for clear. I'm going to be staying on gas on my build, at least at first, so C16/Q16 it is for me. Might make the switch to E if we see it's necessary.

deepblue13

Established Member
No pump E85. I run Sunoco E85R. Buy it by the 55 gallon drums from a buddy that sells fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
We are thinking of buying two 55 gallon drums (93 and E98) and mixing our own E85 and to experiment with E98 on kill.
Still, other than events where you need the safety factor, I don't know why you'd run anything but pump E85?
Some of the fuels mentioned here are stupid expensive and our pump E85 has always been killer E87-89 on testing.
How much are you guys paying for FTW? Ignite? Be honest.

Build looks great, love those big Whipples!
-J

deepblue13

Established Member
We only have one pump where I live for E85. Always tests good but never know when the pump will actually be operational. That's why I buy it by the drum. I don't pay much. Just about $240 for 55 gallons but is a brother in law price.

deepblue13

Established Member
We do have a track with VP fuels at the pump but 110 is $9.xx a gallon.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Cool that's a good plan man, I was just floored on FTW pricing and some of these other high end fuels, and many don't mention that on these threads.
-J

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
For the money spent on builds like this, $15-25/gal is cheap insurance to make sure you get the performance you want, everytime, without risking burning it down. It's not like these are cars that get driven everyday.

E55rocket

Established Member
He would know better than me considering he makes it. I'm more familiar with turbo stuff though, everyone I know goes straight for clear. I'm going to be staying on gas on my build, at least at first, so C16/Q16 it is for me. Might make the switch to E if we see it's necessary.

I LOVE Q16. The tuning window on Q is huge and it's a very forgiving fuel as long as you can keep the IAT's reasonable. I decided to try E85 for my new build because we finally have E85 close to me. I'll run C85 and FTW win I'm racing and pump E85 for the street. FTW purple is a little over $30/gallon retail.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
For the money spent on builds like this, $15-25/gal is cheap insurance to make sure you get the performance you want, everytime, without risking burning it down. It's not like these are cars that get driven everyday.
Of course, and I agree with you, I'm no stranger to big power builds. But my point is guys who do have experience recommend certain fuels and forget to mention $30/gallon.
Unless you're sponsored or racing a competitive class, I think there are options that can achieve the goal without spending $30/gallon.
-J

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't disagree, but I've been burned trying to do "more with less" fuel-wise before and realized then that expensive gas isn't all that expensive. I'd much rather put $1-200 of overkill fuel in the car every other weekend than trash a motor trying to run on the edge with something cheaper.

deepblue13

Established Member
I don't disagree, but I've been burned trying to do "more with less" fuel-wise before and realized then that expensive gas isn't all that expensive. I'd much rather put $1-200 of overkill fuel in the car every other weekend than trash a motor trying to run on the edge with something cheaper.
You are correct, if you have the money to do the build, you should have the money to buy fuel. I do not disagree. :)

Users who are viewing this thread