Anyone ever heard of a Mustang Mach III?

SVTDavid

Live Fast
Established Member
Ford-Mustang-Mach-III-Concept-Car.jpg

:dw:

Sorry if it a repost but I got this picture in an e-mail, looks terrible. It must be kind of old if it has that 98 Cobra hood.

SupaNOVA

Is Not Amused.
Established Member
i swear ive seen a link on ebay or somewhere with a guy trying to sell a car that looked liked this for a rediculous price:dw:

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
That car is at the knotts show every year. It has a PD blower on a 4.6L B-headed engine as well. Engine is cool, car is hideous.

4fit?

Established Member
Last edited:

SupaNOVA

Is Not Amused.
Established Member
i swear ive seen a link on ebay or somewhere with a guy trying to sell a car that looked liked this for a rediculous price:dw:

Like others have said, Ford made a concept called the Mach III. If I recall correctly, some dude made one in his garage. He formed all the panels, interior, and everything. He basically made his own version of the prototype.

on edit:
Here's the one that the guy made in his garage. He calls it the Concept 3.
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0711_concept_3_mustang/index.html
m5lp_0711_01_z+concept_3_mustang+front_view.jpg

Thats the one:bash:

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
Ewww, ugly. I remember during that time, the concept drawings looked like a probe and they were talking about making the mustang FWD:(

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
^Neither

It was a concept in the mid 90s Mustang Mach III there were two built by Ford one was red and one was this ugly green color. The green one burnt in an electrical fire. Red still lives today. This hood was what inspired the 96-98 cobra hood.

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
That was the concept car when they introduced the sn95 body.. Ford's concept was supposed to be a over-dramatization towards how the sn95's body was curvier that the fox's body was. That one that guy built is &$!#ing tits though. I'd rock the hell out of that thing :rockon:

Last edited:

Aerosi665

Daily Driver
Established Member
I saw this in person a few years back at a car show in scottsdale. Under the hood it has a 4.6 32v v8 with what appeared to be a "kb" style polished blower. Motor was really nice, car is ugly as hell.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Pretty cool that 11 years before the launch of the Terminator, they had already pretty much made the concept for it. Does anyone know what rear suspension it had?

Users who are viewing this thread