Best phone cases?

Never_Enough

Established Member
Just ordered an S8+ with Best Buy's Black Friday deal. That + my $250 Verizon gift card = phone cost me under $300 out of pocket FTW.

This will be the 1st phone I put a case on. Looking for something that will protect it from damage if dropped, but not be super bulky as I like to keep my phone in my pants pockets. Not interested in getting a holster or belt clip for it.

I know Otter Box makes some, but they all look the same for the most part

Last edited:

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Otter Box here as well with a glass screen protector. I work outside in all weather so I needed something rugged.

Never_Enough

Established Member
So what's the difference between the commuter case & the defender? Too many damn cases!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm super careful with my phones (iPhones). I've been using a thin clear cover (minimalist with edge protection) in tandem with a Story Leather belt-loop holster case for years. The holster case provides superior overall protection while the clear cover provides protection for shorter drops/bumps and a grippier surface. Works well for me.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I just buy basic rubber cases. I don't drop my phone, so I just want something to keep dirt/crumbs off the back when I set it on a table.
rBIkQGt.jpg

Never_Enough

Established Member
I just buy basic rubber cases. I don't drop my phone, so I just want something to keep dirt/crumbs off the back when I set it on a table.
View attachment 1445281
Spigen can kiss my ass. Bought their vent phone mount for my MS6 & it put a gouge in the vent. Came recommended by other 6 owners. SPigen told me GFY. So now 1 of my winter projects is swap the center HVAC vents

_Snake_

Established Member
I also carry my phone in my pocket and like you, I wanted a cost-effective, low profile case that still offered decent protection. I decided to try UAG and ended up really liking it. It’s been 2 years and my phone is in new condition. I’m absolutely getting another one whenever I get a new phone.

https://urbanarmorgear.com/collections/galaxy-s8-cases

Last edited:

Never_Enough

Established Member
I also carry my phone in my pocket and like you, I wanted a cost-effective, low profile case that would still offered decent protection. I decided to try UAG and ended up really liking it. It’s been 2 years and my phone is in new condition. I’m absolutely getting another one whenever I get a new phone.

https://urbanarmorgear.com/collections/galaxy-s8-cases
Have you dropped the phone w/no damage?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I like the Otter Box Commuter Case. It’s low profile yet provides a tremendous amount of drop protection.
That's what I have on my S5.
It's a little bulky, but not too bad. I'd probably buy another Commuter Case series "when" I get a new phone. I would love to go case-less to be honest, but afraid to drop and ruin the phone. Never dropped this one and the last one only a handful of times.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I like the Otter Box Commuter Case. It’s low profile yet provides a tremendous amount of drop protection.

This.
It's not too bulky, and it really protects well. They are also guaranteed for life. Send them a pic of your broken case and they will send you a new one, no questions asked.
Only downside of the Commuter though is it is too slippery. They need to incorporate a "no skid" type material onto the back of the case so it's not so apt to slip out of your hand, or off a table or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread