Best shop for tune, Florida?

LightningB

Just another Lightning
Established Member
I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but I was unable to find anything too specific to what I am looking to find, at least anything within the last 7 or so years. My Lightning has been sitting on and off for the last few years, but I'm finally getting back to driving more regularly. It feels kind of sluggish at times and I was thinking a new tune might be a good and fun idea. I'm in Southern Florida so that would be ideal, but I'd be willing to travel a bit if anyone could point out a good/reputable place for a new tune. I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
kevmac with JPC racing tunes down in miami lakes a few times a year or maybe even a mail order from JDM. Those would be my top 2 if I had another Lightning

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Kevmac for sure. tuned my former lightning.

Dude will spend half a day getting the tune right, as necessary. Might not be the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
You definitely need to go to a shop that understands the Lightnings. Most mustang shops will tune them just like a mustang. Once you get a guy that knows how to tune one (especially how to work the timing) stick to them. If you get tuned by a mustang shop and with all that torque and DR's but pull a 2.0 60'...you'll know why.

Users who are viewing this thread